The New York Times new cafeteria shines
- There's Something Fishy Going on Here. // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p18
Reports the transformation of Jenks Junior High School's ordinary-looking cafeteria into an underwater paradise in Rhode Island. Inclusion of equipments and furniture; Concept of the transformation; Contributions of the foodservice provider.
- Coffee Service A WHOLE LATTE OPPORTUNITY. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p66
Offers guidelines to cafeterias and foodservice operators on how to upgrade their coffee service and generate increased traffic and revenues. Serving premium quality coffees; Re-evaluating beverage offerings to meet customer demand; Developing a food menu that enhances beverage offerings.
- Bright ideas to improve your business. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar1999, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p36
Presents six proven strategies school food service directors (FSDs) can use to maximize use of their resources, develop their employees and streamline their organizations. Includes building relationships between foodservice staff and students; Encouraging employees' professional involvement...
- Runs Downtown Restaurant, Too: Knoxville, TN, Schools Feed Community Groups. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p50
Focuses on the food service management at the Knox County School District in Tennessee. How the district operates; Evening meals provided by the district; How the district runs a downtown restaurant; Menus offered in the restaurant.
- What to Know: ACAP mtg. explores campus cash-ops. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p14
Offers pieces of advice on designing or remodeling a campus foodservice facility. Primary considerations; Steps involved in developing the operation; Significance of customer relations to the success of the business; How to ensure faster services.
- Demonstrating the Value of one-Piece-Flow. Clayton, Kiden // Food Management;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p30
The article focuses on the implementation of the one-piece-flow assembly system in the food service operation of Florida Hospital's Food Production Center. The process involves finishing one piece before beginning another step. A test called the "envelope game" has proven the efficiency of the...
- Tear Down the Walls. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p36
The article features the new retail operation called Patio Grille and CafÃ© located at DCH Regional Medical Center in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The author states that the new food facility which was opened in November 2006 reflects a facility commitment to top-of-the-line quality and a dollar...
- Chapter Two: What the Job Is Like. Quinlan, Kathryn A. // Food Service Manager;1999, p18
This chapter describes what the job of food service manager is like. Food service managers can work in restaurants, or cafeterias where people serve themselves or are served at a counter. Schools, factories, office buildings and department stores often have cafeterias. Food service managers...
- TAKE-OUT IN SCHOOLS: Tactics for participation. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p58
Suggests tips to on how can food service facilities in schools increase their diners. Employment of mobile serving carts; Packaging of take-out foods; Management of trash problems; Issue of safety and sanitation.