'Golf' Suspension For Woods Words
- Woods triumph is aces for NBC. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;3/31/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 10, p3
The article reports that the victory of Tiger Woods on the PGA Tour gave NBC Sports its highest overnight rating for a golf event after the U.S. Open in 2008. It states that National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC) received a 4.9 overnight rating/10 share in adults ages 18-49 and is considered the...
- What Accenture Championship means to region. // Inside Tucson Business;2/4/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p4
The article reports that the 2011 Accenture Golf Match Play Championship to be held in southern Arizona on February 21-27, 2011 would impact a television exposure for 28 hours which can be viewed not only in the U.S. but in 200 countries across the globe.
- TV highlights. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;10/4/2012, Issue 73, p46
The article offers information on several sports television programs in Great Britain area on October 4-10, 2012 including "Golf: Alfred Dunhill Links Championship," on October 4, "Boxing: Prizefighter," on October 6, and "Tennis: Shanghai Masters," on October 9.
- TV Rewind. Purkey, Mike; Herrington, Ryan // Golf World;4/20/2009, Vol. 62 Issue 33, p26
The article focuses on the coverage of the masters golf tournament Sunday proceedings by the television channel CBS Sports. With respect to the channel, he Sunday outcome is called an anticlimax, as the channel concentrated on the pairing of Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson in its promotions,...
- CBS' Masters Sunday Rating Down, Weekend Viewership Up. Herrington, Ryan // Golf World;4/20/2009, Vol. 62 Issue 33, p24
The article focuses on the viewership report released by Nielsen Media Research, which included the television channel CBS Sports's coverage of the Masters golf tournament. The research showed a mixed result for the channels which showed that Sunday's final round earned an average fast national...
- Golf was part of McKay's 'Wide World'. Herrington, Ryan // Golf World;6/13/2008, Vol. 61 Issue 42, p10
The article focuses on the death of 86-year-old sports broadcaster Jim McKay on June 7, 2008, and the opening of the CityParks Junior Golf Center in Brooklyn, New York City. It is stated that McKay will be remembered for the coverage of the hostage kidnapping and murder at the 1972 Summer...
- SPORTS FIXTURES. // Australian Hotelier;Nov2015, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p30
A calendar of sports broadcast schedule for November 1-30, 2015 is presented which includes the Endurance FIA World Champs, the GOLF Turkish Open, and the Tennis Fed Cup Final.
- Satellite Viewers Brace For Open Overload. Herrington, Ryan // Golf World;6/22/2009, Vol. 62 Issue 42, p9
The article reports on the coverage of the U.S. Open Golf tournament offered by DirectTV. The satellite viewers will witness the standard network feed with three additional channels, like a group of golfers around Bethpage Black, focused on particular area of the golf course and live updates,...
- TV REWIND. Purkey, Mike // Golf World;6/13/2008, Vol. 61 Issue 42, p14
The article offers news briefs related to television broadcasting of golf. Television network Golf Channel's broadcast of the 2008 Ladies Professional Golf Association Championship featured golfer Dottie Pepper as an analyst. The CBS Television Network aired a program on the family of golfer...