- Comcast: From Here To Infinity. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/14/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p34
The article reports on the business plans of Comcast Corp. CEO Brian Roberts. Roberts touted a major expansion of the company's high definition (HD), video-on-demand (VOD) and online content offerings. The cable operator's Project Infinity is a mix of new linear channels and expanded VOD...
- Video on Demand: Update, Trends and Cases. Tombes, Jonathan; Rinaldi, Jennifer // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p38
The article presents updates, trends and cases of video on demand (VOD) technology. Comcast has clocked 1.5 billion VOD views during the first seven months, putting it on track to reach 3 billion for the year. Meanwhile, Time Warner Cable expects to reach one billion VOD viewers for 2007. The...
- How to Reel In VOD Viewers. // Multichannel News;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p5
The article discusses the tactics used by cable operators in the U.S. to increase the pay portion of the video-on-demand (VOD) business such as sending fight fans on a free trip before a big bout and offering the first 10 minutes of a VOD movie.
- CABLE DOMINATES VOD STREAMS. Wallenstein, Andrew // Daily Variety;9/25/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 60, p2
The article reports on the domination of cable companies in video-on-demand (VOD) movie rental market.
- D3 deployment updates. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the deployment of Comcast Corp.'s D3 service in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and San Francisco, California. It states that Comcast deployed the D3 service in about 50% of its entire footprint in July 2009. It notes that Comcast has announced that it would deploy D3 service...
- Comcast Inserts Ads into VOD. // Communications Technology;Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has been adding advertisements into its video-on-demand (VOD) programming to its Jacksonville, Florida system. It notes that Comcast is using BlackArrow Inc.'s Advanced Advertising System, which could be used for revenue-generating local and national ad...
- Cable Companies Make Pitch for HD. King, Danny // Television Week;11/10/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p13
This article deals with the promotion efforts of cable companies for their high-definition (HD) offering. Comcast, whose 24.4 million customers make it the largest U.S. cable service, has been the most aggressive at pitching its HD services. Comcast said it would give its subscribers 1,000 HD...
- Cablers Are Mad About iPad. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p20
The article reports on the plans of Comcast Corp. and CableLabs to release iPad tablet-based remotes in changing the channel to enhance television (TV) experience in the cable industry in the U.S.
- LEADERSHIP AWARD: Comcast. // CableFAX Magazine;Jul2010, p21
The article features Comcast Corp., a cable company which has received the leadership award from the periodical "CableFAX: The Magazine."