Sniffing Out Video Failures
- Profile. // Communications Technology;Nov2007, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p46
The article profiles Jim Chiddix, Vice Chairman of OpenTV, Vice Chairman of Vyyo and a board member of Symmetricom. Chiddix headed Time Warner Cable's Mystro TV division, the MSO's network PVR skunkworks. Stymied by the lack programming rights, Mystro became an incubator for applications that...
- Chiddix: Think outside the box. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Feb2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p44
Reports the appointment of Jim Chiddix, president of the Interactive Video Group of the American On-line (AOL) Time Warner. Career highlights; Contributions to the marketing industry; Views on the use of bandwidth for television channels.
- Vyyo culls cable clout. // CED;Apr2007, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p14
The article announces the career developments of executives Jim Chiddix and Wayne Davis in the U.S.
- Time Warner's Chiddix On State of VOD. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/5/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p18A
Presents an interview with Jim Chiddix the head of the Interactive Personal Video group of AOL Time Warner Inc. Development of the next on-demand service; Views on the network-based versus set-top based PVR; Ability of server technology and cable-industry server vendors to handle network PVR...
- Pipeline Profile: Jim Chiddix. // CT's Pipeline;10/16/2007, p5
The article profiles Jim Chiddix, vice chairman of OpenTV. Chiddix's recent affiliations are the Symmetricom and Vyyo titles. His vice chairmanship of the OpenTV board was preceded by an earlier, successful stint as chief executive officer (CEO) of that interactive television software company....
- HAWAIIN DREAM COME TRUE. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p6
Reports on the completion of coffee-table book "Next Stop Honolulu!," written by Jim Chiddix, chairman and chief executive officer of OpenTV. Subject of the book; Remarks from Chiddix on his book.
- Chiddix Sees Potential in Open TV. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the appointment of Jim Chiddix as executive chairman at OpenTV Corp. Expected contributions of Chiddix to OpenTV; Views of Chiddix on the impact of the acquisition of DirecTV Inc. by News Corp. on OpenTV; Statement of Chiddix on competition in cable TV.
- Veterans Day. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses various reports in this issue including one on the case of Jim Chiddix as a Vietnam War veteran and another in which Ronald Brunt drew some comparisons between cable and military work.
- Fiber and a Charmed Career. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p20
The article profiles Jim Chiddix, who was inducted into the Cable Hall of Fame for his role in introducing fiber optics to the industry. After studying in an electronics school of the U.S. Army Air Defense Command, he tried to get back to Cornell University but this did not work well. He joined...