FAIRHOLME BUYS MORE STOCK IN DISH NETWORK
- Fairholme Capital Buys Stakes in AIG. // American Banker;3/16/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 40, p16
This article notes that the financial services company Fairholme Capital Management, headed by Bruce Berkowitz, purchased shares of the insurance company American International Group (AIG) Inc. on March 15, 2010, bringing its total number of shares owned to thirteen million.
- OLN, Dish Ice New Deal. // Multichannel News;5/1/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p36
Reports on the deal of EchoStar Communications Corp. to return OLN to Dish Network in the U.S. in May 2006. Reasons of EchoStar for removing OLN from their package; Views of sports television executives on the deal.
- Big drop-off in subs torpedoes Dish stock. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;8/10/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on the shares of Dish Network Corp. and its sister company EchoStar, which have been sold by the investors.
- VU buys EchoStar stake. Szalai, Georg; Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/18/2001, Vol. 371 Issue 19, p60
Reports on the purchase of a stake in satellite television provider EchoStar Communications Corp. by Vivendi Universal. Terms of the deal; Benefit of the agreement for everyone involved; Business plans.
- Dish Adds a Karaoke Channel. // Multichannel News;5/2/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p42
Reports on the decision of EchoStar Communications Corp. to incorporate The Karaoke Channel from Dish Network to its lineup of interactive television programming in 2005. Subscription fee for the channel according to Dish Network; Features of the channel; Other offerings for customers of Dish...
- Lifetime, Dish Back to Talking. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the resumption of negotiations between EchoStar Communications Corp. and Lifetime Entertainment Services to restore the latter's television network for women to the Dish Network satellite-television service in January 2006. Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) was replaced by...
- Dish-Gruntled Dealer Is Now a Cable Shill. Haugsted, Linda; Umstead., R. Viotnas // Multichannel News;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p57
The article features cable advocate Jim Wickland. From being a former satellite-dish dealer, he has set his own web site www.CablePlease.com that encourages customers to use cable as he highlights in the web site the weaknesses and disadvantages of satellite television including rain and cloud...
- Big Ten Lands on Dish. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/10/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p8
The article reports that Big Ten Network has signed a deal with EchoStar Communications Corp. The deal will put Big Ten Network on one of the firm Dish Network's widely distributed programming packages. The Dish Network is co-owned by the firm Fox National Cable Sports Networks. The deal was...
- Dishing on EchoStar. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/21/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 52, p11
The article presents information on the performance of various satellite television operators. Shares of EchoStar are up 9% so for this year, may rise another 16% within the year to $48, according to Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst William Kidd. Kidd estimates 968,000 gross adds for Dish...