- Martin: I'm No Cable-Hater. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/14/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p8
The article reports that Kevin Martin, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), stated at the opening of the Cable Show in Las Vegas, Nevada that his conflicts with the cable industry are the result of a principled regulatory philosophy. Martin says that his policies favor the...
- FCC's Martin Outlines Agenda For '06. Gerson, Bob // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/30/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p4
The article focuses on the 2006 agenda of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission introduced by its chairman Kevin Martin at the International CES Industry Insider session in Las Vegas, Nevada on January 29, 2006. Some of the activities in the agenda include planning the auction of VHF...
- FCC Sees USF Money, Internal Change In Hurricane's Wake. // Telecom Policy Report;9/19/2005, Vol. 3 Issue 35, p6
The article reports on the plans of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the restoration of communications systems in the Gulf Coast region in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Some of the initiatives being considered by FCC Chairman Kevin J. Martin are revealed. A breakdown of the...
- Martin Likes the FCC's Measured Pace. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;12/9/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 50, p26
Profiles the U.S. Federal Communications Commissioner Kevin J. Martin. His educational background; Role of Martin as a general counsel for the 2000 campaign for President George W. Bush in Austin, Texas; Predictions about the future of his career. INSET: Kevin J. Martin FCC Commissioner.
- Their Favorite Martin: Some LFAs Aren't Doing their Jobs. // CableFAX Daily;10/27/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 209, p1
Reports on the plan of U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Kevin Martin to review the local franchising process in the telecommunications industry. Reasons cited by Martin in defense of his plan.
- CERC TO FCC: Dealers Doing Their Part And More On DTV Transition. WOLF, ALAN // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/27/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p40
The article reports on the preparations being undertaken by U.S. retailers for the switch to digital broadcasting as of October 2008. In a letter to U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Kevin Martin, Consumer Electronics Retailers Coalition (CERC) executive director Christopher...
- CES Not Just for "Consumers.". Ford, Steve // QST;May2007, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p88
The article highlights the proceedings of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2007. Major speakers included Bill Gates of Microsoft, Michael Dell of Dell Computer and Robert Iger of Disney. Federal Communications Commission chairman Kevin Martin was featured with...
- Commissioner Puts Carriers on Notice. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p16
Reports on the warning by U.S. Federal Communications Commissioner Kevin Martin that U.S. telecommunication carriers should face enforcement action if they do not meet their revised deadlines for complying with enhanced 911 mandates. Other concern of Martin.
- Martin's Last Hurrah. Seybold, Andy // Wireless Week;8/1/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p10
The author reflects on the plans of Federal Communication Commission (FCC) chairman Kevin Martin for the data networks in the U.S. He states that Martin wants to have the 700 megahertz D Block and AWS 2 spectrum auctions before he will be replaced for his post. The author believes that this...