'TRU' GRIT AT FCC
- BRIEF. // Cable World (10427228);5/20/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p33
Reports on the effort of Bravo and Independent Film Channel to launch an on-air advertising campaign to push cable modems. Actors to be featured by the networks; Information on Go2Broadband, a service from CableLabs carried by the network.
- As FCC, CableLabs Collide, Cable's Interests Are Hit. Brown, Peter J. // Multichannel News;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p41
Reports on the impact of two separate technology agendas fostered by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Cable Television Laboratories Inc. on the cable industry. Digital-television compatibility and digital must-carry initiatives of the FCC; CableLabs' Data Over Cable...
- OCAP: What It Will Mean. // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p131
The U.S.-based OpenCable Applications Platform (OCAP) group at Cable Television Laboratories Inc. is working with the software development community to tackle the software modules that will likely be needed in the earliest days of OCAP-based devices: the electronic program guide, and...
- Cable players to tackle telephony. Karpinski, Richard // Telephony;8/1/94, Vol. 227 Issue 5, p1
Reports on Cable Television Laboratories' launching of its telephony request for proposal. Expected outcome from the request for proposal; Participating companies.
- New directions for CableLabs. Lambert, Peter // Inter@ctive Week;04/28/97, Vol. 4 Issue 13, pI-1
Talks about CableLabs' expansion in 1997 to foster invention on all telecommunications fronts. Role of creating relationships with other industries; CableLabs' plan to provide technical assistance, testing facilities and funding; Development of core technologies spearheaded by CableLabs.
- Cable box standards set. // Electronic Media;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p52
Reports that the move to speed up the development of standards for advanced digital set-top boxes has been made by the executive committee of CableLabs, the research consortium of the cable industry. Details on project.
- CableLabs grows with expanded focus, new staff. Bernier, Paula // Telephony;1/2/95, Vol. 228 Issue 1, p1
Details of the budget plans of Cable Television Laboratories in 1995. Increase in its staff and its activities in telecommunications and digital technology; Information on CableLabs.
- Covering campaign '96. G.D. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/1/96, Vol. 126 Issue 1, p48
Reports on CableLabs' approval of a 1996 budget of 14.1 million dollars. Budget breakdown; Using of the research funding pool to fund specific research projects; Focusing on establishing interfaces for cable modems and hiring staff.
- CableLabs extends data service RFP. // Electronic News (10616624);6/5/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2068, p26
Reports that Cable Television Laboratories (CableLabs) has extended to June 30, 1995 the deadline for companies to respond to its high-speed cable data service request for proposal (RFP). Buford Television, CF Cable TV, and other participants in the RFP.