CUTTING THE BOX OPEN
- Is Comcast Going Non-Linear? // CableFAX Daily;11/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 229, p1
The article presents an update on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of November 2005. Television personality Brian Roberts emphasized that customization in television programs will be popular. Comcast has decided to raise its rate by $3 per month starting January 1, 2006.
- Roberts: Cable's Winning the Fight. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p37
The article reports on the advantages gained by U.S. cable industry despite the entry of telephone companies in the video market. According to Comcast Corp. chief executive officer Brian Roberts, more than half of its new high-speed Internet customers deserted from less-expensive,...
- Roberts: Voice Isn't 'Critical' Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/29/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p27
Focuses on the stance of Brian Roberts, chairman and CEO of Comcast Corp., on the insignificance of a pure wireless phone in the company's cable operation in the U.S. Factors that will drive the development of such product according to Roberts; Information on a consortia joined by Comcast to...
- Roberts: Let's Talk Sports. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p6
The article reports on the concerns of Brian Roberts, chairman and CEO of Comcast Corp., on the costs of broadcasting sports in cable television (TV) networks in the U.S. He states the importance of carrying out a dialogue on whether the viewers or sports fans are responsible in paying the...
- Showtime Offers Freebies. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p2
Reports on the plan of Showtime to supply Comcast Corp. with some of its television programs for the MSO's free video-on-demand service. Highlights of the service; Negotiation between Comcast and other pay television programmers; Remarks from Comcast chairman and CEO Brian Roberts.
- Interactive Taking Off in Comcast's Pilot Test. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the decision of Comcast to begin its pilot launch of interactive television (ITV) programming services from several cable networks in Baltimore, Maryland in 2005. Information on cable networks that have signed for the pilot test of Comcast; Advantages of ITV; Other plans of the...
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- Comcast Pitches Houston RSN. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/31/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p26
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to build another regional sports network around the backyards of Major League Baseball and National Basketball Associations teams, the Houston Astros and Houston Rockets, which is marked as the first since 2007.
- Comcast Still Vetting Potential Newcomers For Diversity Slots. // Multichannel News;10/17/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p5
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has not yet announced proclamations regarding its choice to launch two African American owned-and-operated networks, and one Hispanic-themed, English-language service after the Diversity Week on October 10-14, 2011.