Golden Globes' Crash Will Cost E!, TV Guide
- Wong, O'Hara exit cable-chief jobs. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter;2/8/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 15, p5
The article announces the resignation of Andrea Wong as the president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Lifetime Television and Ryan O'Hara as president of TV Guide Networks Inc.
- New Leader to Guide. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;8/22/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 34, p10
Interviews Ryan O'Hara, president of the TV Guide Channel, about his role in the television network. Value proposition of the TV Guide Channel; Strategy for expanding the TV Guide Spot VOD service.
- Guide Braces for New Life After Scroll. Hibberd, James // Television Week;6/19/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p10
The article reports on the actions taken by the TV Guide Channel (TVGC) under network president Ryan O'Hara. When the TVGC executive launches new shows, he must deliver ratings increases compared with the unique prior format of the network. The next shot of O'Hara at entertainment programming is...
- A Good TV Guide Needs a Good Leader. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;3/3/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p23
The article profiles Ryan O'Hara, president of TV Guide Network and TV Guide Broadband in the U.S. O'Hara got into the television business working for Fox/Liberty and Fox Cable in 1999. After a year on the content side, he worked for BSkyB and gained an appreciation for television's interactive...
- New Backing for the Red Carpet. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;1/7/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the move of cable network companies E! Entertainment Television Inc. and TV Guide Channel to set up a red-carpet celebrity lifestyle-related marketing campaigns in the U.S. In January 2008, the former will begin an E! Live From the Red Carpet by Badgley Mischka Barbie Doll...
- TV Guide Sweeps Win Affils. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p26
The article reports on the different promotional opportunities of cable television network TV Guide Network for its products and services in the U.S. These activities include a quarterly sweepstake wherein winners are treated to a dinner with past "American Idol" contestants and Red Carpet...
- TV Guide Sees More Stars. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p24
The article focuses on the added television programs of TV Guide Network Inc. that will be aired in summer and fall including "My Favorite Things," "Look-a-Like," and "American Idol Rewind." According to TV Guide's president Ryan O'Hara, adding more activities and varieties are part of their...
- At Deadline... // Brandweek;1/22/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p3
The article presents advertising news briefs. TV Guide Channel will channel the user generated content craze with a MYSPACE promotion for season three of the celebrity transformation television series "Look-A-Like." The media conglomerate and research organization known as VNU has rebranded...
- NEWSMAKERS. // Television Week;4/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p34
Announces the appointment and selection of several executives in the U.S. television broadcasting industry as of April 26, 2004. Jill Macgregor of Belo Marketing Solutions; Peter Mathes of AsianMedia Group; Shari Dalconzo at the Hallmark Channel; Ryan O'Hara of television Guide Network.