Legal Wrangling Makes Tech Awards 'Special'
- Tech Emmys: Putting Up a Bigger Tent. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p52
The article offers information on the Technology and Engineering Emmy Awards of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS). This annual award aims to look for outstanding and potential cable operators along with their technology partners in response to the increasing number of...
- Time to Shake Up the Emmys. Adalian, Josef // Television Week;9/29/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p8
The author reflects on the need for wholesale-changes to the Emmy Awards. He argues that Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (ATAS) officials need to declare that the Emmys need a new producer and director. He calls on the Emmys to find someone in the television industry with a fresh vision...
- Emmy Rules Change, 'Sopranos' Snubs Don't. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;09/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p34
Reports on the judging rules changes made by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences to the 2000 Emmy Awards. Winners at the 2000 Emmy Awards; Wins by 'Malcolm in the Middle' and 'Will and Grace.'
- Video experiment opens voting to membership. Marshall, Meryl // Daily Variety;06/05/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 1, pA6
Commends the changes on the way the Prime Time Emmy Awards are selected by qualified voting members of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Judging of all of the categories awarded on the primetime telecast via at-home viewing; Concerns regarding the best way to ensure the participation...
- Too much trust a threat to award integrity. O'Neil, Tom // Daily Variety;06/05/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 1, pA6
Criticizes the changes on the way the Prime Time Emmys are selected by qualified voting members of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Risk inherent in the change; Alternate solutions to at-home viewing.
- CW grabs Daytime Emmycast. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter;4/8/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 16, p5
The article focuses on the agreement between the U.S. National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences and CW Television Network under which the network will have the rights to broadcast the Daytime Emmy Awards ceremony on August 30, 2009. Dawn Ostroff, president of CW entertainment, said that...
- Bicoastal acads not always in sync. O'Neil, Tom // Daily Variety;09/01/2000 Emmy Special, Vol. 268 Issue 64, p38
Reports on the two television academies bestowing the Emmy awards in the United States. Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for Prime Time Emmy; National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for Daytime Emmy; Reason cited for the split between the two academies.
- Emmy's Oscar envy. Sharkey, Betsy; Farrell, Greg // MediaWeek;09/07/98, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p28
Focuses on the presentation of the 1998 Emmy Awards. Show's celebration of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' 50th anniversary; Possible impact of `Seinfeld'; National Broadcasting Corp. Inc.'s (NBC) airing of the event.
- Broadcast Quality. // American Cinematographer;Nov2005, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p74
Introduces the 2004-2005 Emmy nominees of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in the U.S. Nominees for the Outstanding Cinematography for a Miniseries or Movie award; List of nominees for the Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series; Inclusion of cinematographer Tony Askins in...