Dish to Add High-Def, Freeze Some Rates
- Ergen to Testify on Hill This Week. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;2/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the issue involving satellite carriage of television (TV) stations in the U.S. The House and the Senate will hold hearings to reauthorize the Satellite Home Viewer Extension and Reauthorization Act which permits companies to import network signals to viewers who cannot...
- SUPREMES' BIRD CALL. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;6/18/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 12, p6
Reports that in a lawsuit filed by Charlie Ergen of EchoStar and the Satellite Broadcasting & Communication Association (SBCA), the U.S. Supreme Court on June 17, 2002 let stand a federal law requiring satellite broadcasters to carry either all the local broadcasting signals in a market or none...
- Dish Network, Disney Seek Future-Proof Pact. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p35
The article reports on the carriage deal between satellite-TV provider Dish Network Corp. and mass media company Walt Disney Co. that expired on 30 September 2013. It cites the comment of Dish Network's Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen who stated that the deal has been complicated by...
- Gambler Ergen Bets Big. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;3/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p28
The article reports on the move of Dish Network Corp.'s chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen to continue being competitive with DirecTV Inc. on the high-definition programming front in the U.S. According to Ergen, some setbacks would not hamper the company's plans for high-definition...
- Is Dish Broken? Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/9/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p8
The article focuses on chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen's means in stabilizing Dish Network Corp. in the U.S. Dish's stocks had a 68% decline in the past six months and are losing subscribers fast. Analysts predict a worsening economy poses a stiff headwind to any hopes...
- Putting the mobile pieces together. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;5/19/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p3
The article focuses on the business plans of the company Echostar to improve its financial performance. It informs that the company wrapped its satellite TV service into one company, Dish Network Corp. in 2007 and took control of its remaining business of fixed satellite services and set-top box...
- Ergen Hikes in Himalayas as Fox Talks Go On. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p29
The article reports on the move of chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen of Dish Network Corp. to take a hiking vacation in Himalayas, Nepal despite the company's dispute with Fox Cable Networks Services LLC.
- FOUR OF A KIND. // Total Telecom+;Oct2014, p23
The article talks about direct-broadcast and satellite service provider Dish Network, its chairman and co-founder Charlie Ergen, and Dish's plans for a video streaming service, establishing a mobile presence with telecommunications company T-Mobile U.S., and the AWS-3 spectrum auction.
- Ergen, Clayton Get Pay Hikes. // Multichannel News;4/2/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p23
The article reports on the 20% wage hike received by Englewood, California-based Dish Network Corp. chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen.