NBCU Plays On
- Coto, Cars, Beach Life: OC's Reality TV Niche. Bellantonio, Jennifer // Orange County Business Journal;9/18/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on the production of a reality show on the idea of casting five couples that focused their daily lives in Orange County, California (OC). The idea stemmed up by NBC Universal Inc. Bravo and first introduced on cable last winter as "Real Housewives of Orange County." The show...
- NBC Eyes Sterling for Fri. Frutkin, A. J. // MediaWeek;11/25/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 43, p6
States that the television drama 'Mister Sterling' is a candidate to replace the drama 'Providence' aired on NBC as is it nears its last episode. Theme of 'Mister Sterling'; Remarks from the drama creator Lawrence O'Donnell Jr.; Growth of political dramas in the U.S.
- NBC, Affils Talk Leno. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;12/15/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p3
The article announces that "The Jay Leno Show" will be moved from its 11:30 in the evening slot to 10 in the evening. A working group of NBC affiliate representatives will be formed to meet with the network on issues ranging from how best to promote the new show to how to disperse the...
- `Invisible' syndication sale? Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p1
Reports on Studio USA's syndication of its television program `Invisible Man' as of December 20, 1999. Company's plan to sell the program to television stations; Company's marketing plan for the program.
- Peacock finds punchline. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Variety;4/17/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the factors that contribute to the success of NBC Universal's sitcom The Office. These include the network's patience willingness to evolve the show. The show's ensemble of characters and fleshing out of roles also helped. Overseas formats also served as inspiration...
- Peacock pleads for patience. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;8/29/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 40, pA10
Focuses on the programming of NBC Entertainment in the U.S. Emphasis of president Kevin Reilly on the stability of the ratings of the network; Move of Reilly to make few changes to the programming; Reliance of the network on "The Apprentice: Martha Stewart" to generate ratings; Decision to...
- You, Me, Celebrity. Stark, Myra; Ebenkamp, Becky // Brandweek;5/26/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 21, p17
Deals with the popularity of reality television shows in the U.S. as of May 2003. Opinion of critics on reality television programs; Reasons for the popularity of reality programs; Assessment of the possible impact of the trend on brands.
- PRIME TIME CRIME. Peyser, Marc // Newsweek;6/24/2002, Vol. 139 Issue 25, p82
Focuses on NBC's reality television program 'Crime & Punishment.' How it is a spinoff from NBC's 'Law & Order'; Focus on real crimes and criminals; Use of cameras; Popularity of 'Law & Order'; Comments of 'Law & Order' creator Dick Wolf and NBC Entertainment president Jeff Zucker.
- Made in the Shade. Hamilton, Kendall; Brown, Corie // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);03/01/99 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 133 Issue 9, p46A
Focuses on the Home Box Office (HBO) television series `The Sopranos,' starring James Gandolfini. Storyline and humor of the mob series; How the network signed the show for a second season; The program's creator, David Chase.