- A new name for an old job. Khol, Ronald // Machine Design;10/10/2002, Vol. 74 Issue 19, p14
Comments on the way computer specialists invent terms. Reasons for inventing language; Definition of knowledge management; Reflection on a newspaper article about the job search conducted by a former research director of an Internet company.
- Keep Up with Computer Jargon. Goldsborough, Reid // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug99, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p32
Presents the ten buzzwords in information technology or computer science from `Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, Computer Glossary, and Internet Glossary and Quick Reference Guide.'
- GLOSSARY. // Caribbean Business;4/6/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p51
Presents a glossary of computer terms. Includes electronic mail; Embedded processor; Emulator.
- Combating confusion over multitrack, multisession and multivolume. Angus, Jeff; Gale, Bob // InfoWorld;6/6/94, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p93
Presents an explanation of the technology and terminology behind CD-Recordable (CD-R) products. Explanation of multitrack, multisession and multivolume logic; Applications; Approaches; Complications arising from the use of these terminologies.
- Memory management in Pcs: The eighteen most misunderstood acronyms. Forgione, Dana; Smith, L. Murphy // CPA Journal;Sep93, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p80
Discusses computer terms related to memory-management in personal computers. Confusing acronyms; Definitions of Random Access Memory (RAM); Extended and expanded memory; Lotus-Intel-Microsoft Expanded Memory Specification (LIM-EMS); Read Only Memory (ROM); Basic Input Output System (BIOS);...
- The code is in the key. Nelson, Robin // Popular Science;Mar96, Vol. 248 Issue 3, p66
Details some of the complicated ins and outs of digital data cryptography. The definition of terms like public/private key encryption or RSA encryption; Other useful terms.
- database. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p2215
A definition of the term "database" is presented. It refers to a structured collection of related information held in any form, especially on a computer. It is stated that the creation of a database assists organizations in keeping records and facilitates the retrieval of specific facts or...
- Variations in terminology: Application to the management of risks related to language use in the workplace. Condamines, Anne // Terminology;2010, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p30
The study of variation in terminology came to the fore over the last fifteen years in connection with advances in textual terminology. This new approach to terminology could be a way of improving the management of risk related to language use in the workplace and to contribute to the definition...
- Social networking 101. // Consumer Reports;Feb2011, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p8
The article presents information on social networking web sites, focusing on the terminology most frequently used on such web sites. Web sites discussed include MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter. The author presents definitions for web blogs and wikis. Also discussed are the web sites YouTube,...