- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;10/29/99, Issue 5161, p6
Answers readers' questions related to the furniture industry for the week of October 29, 1999. Includes strategies for selecting bedroom furniture with peach graining for customers; Coverage of a product warranty for a kitchen door.
- Protection is the name of the game. Millar, James // Cabinet Maker;2/28/2003, Issue 5326, p12
Reports on the concentration of manufacturers on the protection of the fabric of their furniture products in Great Britain. Use of leather upholstery; Decline of the popularity of removable covers; Overview of the various warranty programs of manufacturers.
- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;06/09/2000, Issue 5191/5192, p7
Provides answers to readers' questions about legal aspects of the furniture industry. Extension of guarantees asked by customers; Customer's right to reject defective furniture despite agreeing to a repair.
- your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;08/25/2000, Issue 5202, p7
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on the furniture business. Differences between a guarantee and warranty; Customer complaint concerning the style and design of an extended table; Responsibility of retailers with respect to a manufacturing fault.
- Ideal time for bed add-ons. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;09/04/98, Issue 5104, p5
Highlights Great Britain-based Guardian's extension of its leather and fabric warranty programs with the Guardian Bedsack mattress pads during the BFM Summer Furniture Show in August 1998. Opportunity for bed retailers; Value of add-ons.
- Lexington offers wood warranty. // Furniture/Today;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on the implementation of the direct-to-consumers warranty for wood products at Lexington Home Brands. Move of the company to improve quality of the products; Revision of the Customer Care Program; Importance of quality and delivery in the furniture industry.
- Add in sales for the unexpected. // Cabinet Maker;3/10/2006, Issue 5478, p21
This article reports on the warranty systems available for buying new furniture. Any kind of accident or damage is covered. Warranties carry up to a 50% margin so they are very profitable. They also increase sales because of customer satisfaction and service.
- Unit sales still lagging, but specialty beds drive dollars up. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;7/14/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p24
The article discusses the reasons behind the major shortfall in the mattress industry. Topics discussed include the long warranties that gained ground in recent years, the growing sales of mattress toppers which is seen as comfort solutions for worn-out mattresses and the all-time high of...
- Makro's service strategy helps its expansion plans. Juarbe, Viviana // Caribbean Business;8/7/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 31, pS2
Reports on the business strategy of service-oriented office furniture company Makro Importers & Distributors in Puerto Rico. Corporate growth to include furniture manufacturing and commercial furniture; Investment on turnkey solutions for a new office building; Presentation of lifetime warranty...