Split the differences
- The lease threat to your profits. Maas, Robert // Cabinet Maker;02/18/2000, Issue 5175, p8
Reports on the British Accounting Standards Board's consideration of a standard on accounting for operating leases that requires capitalization for lease payments.
- Gear up to balance sheet changes. // Cabinet Maker;02/18/2000, Issue 5175, p8
Reports on the effect of the British Accounting Standards Board's proposal for accounting for operating leases on the balance sheet of retail businesses.
- Queensland port and rail lease. // Railway Gazette International;Nov2014, Vol. 170 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the announcement by the Queensland government on October 7, 2014 of its plan to award a long-term lease to operate state-owned assets including the 1000 kilometers Mount Isa railroad line and the associated port of Port Townsville.
- Pros and cons of capital and operating leases. Alerding, Mike // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/26/96, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p11B
No abstract available.
- Survey gauges CIOs' outsourcing acumen. Arend, Mike // ABA Banking Journal;May92, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p84
Focuses on the management of operating cost. Market for outsourcing services; Mortgage of futures by cutting jobs; Reduction of operating expenses.
- N.Y., N.J. Port Agency to Study Possible Takeover of Orange County Airport. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/20/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32512, p5
The article reports that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has authorized a study possible takeover of Orange County Airport in New York City. The Port Authority will use its own staff and possibly outside consultants, to review options that could include purchasing the airport from...
- Not for the faint of heart. // Railway Age;Oct2000, Vol. 201 Issue 10, pDB3
Forecasts the status of the rail equipment lessor industry in the United States in 2001. Average railcar rental rates in 2000; Factors which might affect the financial condition of the industry in 2001; Projected operating lease rates in 2001.
- Better safe than sorry. // Railway Age;Oct2000, Vol. 201 Issue 10, pDB7
Forecasts the demand for six-axle locomotives in the locomotive leasing industry in 2001. Locomotive orders for d.c. and a.c. power; Reason for the strength in the locomotive leasing marketplace.
- U.K. leisure. // Air Transport World;June97, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Reports that United Kingdom leisure airline Airworld received the first increased gross weight A321-200 in April 1997. Company from which the airplane was leased.