Training for the future
- Crusader expansion. // Cabinet Maker;10/08/99, Issue 5158, p3
Reports that Crusader Foam has centralized its furniture production.
- Commitment rewarded. // Cabinet Maker;10/08/99, Issue 5158, p3
Reports that McDonagh Furniture has retained its Investors in People Award.
- ASFI design contest. // Cabinet Maker;10/08/99, Issue 5158, p4
Reports on the total amount of cash price at the ASFI Design 2000 competition open to furniture design students.
- News in brief. // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p2
Presents a compendium of news items concerning the British furniture manufacturing industry. Includes Pocket Spring Bed Co.'s two-day retail sales training course; Projected market value of the electronic shopping market by year 2000; Increase in the value of retail sales of household products...
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;3/28/2003, Issue 5330, p33
Presents news briefs related to the furniture industry as of March 28, 2003.
- Main Street's furniture division gets makeover. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;01/15/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p60
Reports the changes in names and labels of Main Street Textiles furniture division in Tyndsboro, Massachusetts. Implication of the makeover for the promotion of marketing strategies; Division of the primary business; Plan of the company to target decorative jobbers and better traditional...
- Q&A your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;02/05/99, Issue 5124, p7
Answers questions of interest to furniture manufacturers. Question on a spring mesh that left imprints on cushions; Spraying of suites to make them fire retardant; Complaint on an oak cabinet that does not show silver grain.
- Recognizing change and leadership is good. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;10/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p118
Explains why the author supports the American Furniture Hall of Fame. Need to recognize changes contributed by the furniture industry; Role of the industry in improving Americans' lives; Author's nomination for election to the 2002 Hall of Year.
- Booklet helps with pressing problems. // Cabinet Maker;04/16/99, Issue 5134, p23
Focuses on a technical booklet written by Protak chemist Doctor Alberto Banel which provides solutions for addressing problems associated with using membrane pressing glues in furniture making.