- Federal Minimum Hourly Wage Rates Since 1950. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p150
No abstract available.
- The art of killing with kindness. Collins, Jerry // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/12/94, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p25
States that the British Columbia official minimum wage will surpass Ontario's nation-leading base rate of $6.70 an hour and leave Alberta's $5 rate in the dust. British Columbia's Labor Minister's claim that the legislation is a matter of fairness; What many economists and businessmen say...
- Most pan wage hike idea. Harrison, Kimberly P.; Mooney, Barbara // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/30/95, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the Cleveland-area businesses' dissatisfaction with United States President Bill Clinton's proposal for an increase in minimum wage. Effects of wage increases on small businesses; Upward pressure on wage rates overall.
- The minimum wage. // Economic Trends (07482922);May96, p13
Presents minimum wage trends in the United States as of May 1996. Federal minimum and real wage rates; Minimum wage workers by age; Minimum wage workers by sex and marital status; Indications of a reduction in employment with a hike in the minimum wage; Positive and negative effects of the...
- Minimum wages, maximum confusion. Sowell, Thomas // Headway;Jun96, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p20
Comments on the attitudes of the Democrats and Republicans on the minimum wage issue in the United States. Confusions on the concept of the minimum wage; Desire of labor unions to increase the minimum wage.
- Minimum wage, maximum folly. Faris, Jack // Las Vegas Business Press;3/10/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p5
Comments on the proposed increase in the minimum wage in the U.S. Revival of the economy; Laws on supply and demand; Imposition of politically-motivated government mandate.
- Nevada average hourly wages. // Las Vegas Business Press;07/14/97, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p3
Compares the minimum hourly wage of mining, construction, manufacturing and retail occupations in Nevada in May 1996 and May 1997.
- Washington's next obsession: The minimum wage. Andelman, David A. // Management Review;Aug94, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on the issue of minimum wage. President Bill Clinton's commitment on minimum wage; Delay in decision for an increase; Effects on employment; Defensive measures by business.
- Minimum-wage hike request needs serious airing. // National Catholic Reporter;2/24/95, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p24
Reports on United States President Bill Clinton's proposal for a minimum-wage increase. Republicans' criticism of the plan; Concern over the possible impact of the proposed increase on employment; Democrats' efforts to raise the standard of living of workers across the United States.
- Vermont House OKs wage hike. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p54
Reports on Vermont House's approval of a measure that would hike the state's minimum wage by 50 cents to $5.25 over a two-year period, January 1, 1997 and January 1, 1998.