Effective Boiler-Level Control
- In the picture. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Oct2011, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p25
The article offers information on the new Hydro-Logic level monitoring and early warning system which provides improved flood risk information and vital notification of water levels to residents in Worcester, England.
- New In-Situ Particle Counter for Water Analysis. // Asian Environmental Technology;2012 Annual Buyers' Guide, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p54
The article offers brief information on the PC-2200 In-Situ Particle Counter for water analysis from the developer of environmental and analytical instruments Spectrex Corp.
- A method for measuring small-amplitude waves on a water surface. Boshenyatov, B.; Levin, Yu.; Popov, V.; Semyanistyi, A. // Instruments & Experimental Techniques;Mar2011, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p254
device for measuring the water level using a resistive sensor is described. The measurement accuracy is Â±0.01 mm. The characteristics of the device and the example of its use for measuring waves on a water surface are presented.
- Creating a better mass flow meter. Gralenski, Nicholas // Solid State Technology;May2004, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p26
Discusses the challenges in designing mass flow meter. Need to provide more reliable and accurate readings in spite of the increased thermodynamic difficulties with chemicals and processes; Factors to consider in calibration; Need to improve the regulating valve; Factors affecting the...
- Flowmeter Installation Considerations. Spitzer, David W. // Flow Control;Aug2010, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p12
In this article the author discusses various factors to be considered when installing flowmeters. According to the author, flowmeter operation is dependent upon the geometry of the installation, and measurement error can occur by ignoring any aspect of the flowmeter geometry. The author says...
- hydrostat. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1024
A definition of the medical term "hydrostat" is presented. Hydrostat refers to a device that maintains the water level in a container at a predetermined level. The term originated from the two words "hydor" which means water and "statikos" which means "standing." The definition is from the...
- New Water Level Monitoring System Lowers Operating Costs. // Asian Environmental Technology;2012 Annual Buyers' Guide, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p54
The article offers brief information on the water level monitoring system from the water equipment rental firm OTT Hydrometry.
- New Laser Marked Water Level Indicator. // Asian Environmental Technology;2012 Annual Buyers' Guide, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p52
The article offers brief information on the Model 101 Water Level Meter from the manufacturer of hydrogeological instrumentation Solinst Canada Ltd.
- Performance assessment of leak detection failure sensors used in a water distribution system. Khan, A.; Widdop, P. D.; Day, A. J.; Wood, A. S.; Mounce, S. R.; Machell, J. // Journal of Water Supply: Research & Technology-AQUA;Feb2005, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p25
This paper presents a performance assessment of two failure sensors for the detection of events in a pipeline distribution system. These sensors identify abnormal events on the basis of water opacity and differential temperature. The opacity sensor measures the cloudiness of the water, which is...