- Literature Catalogs. // Engineered Systems;May2007, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p84
A list of catalogs related to systems engineering is presented. They include "Significant Cost Savings HVAC Drives for Buildings," "Sensors for Force, Load, Strain and Torque," and "Temperature Solutions Line Card, which describes the firm's full line of temperature sensors, transmitters,...
- Literature showcase. // Industrial Heating;Dec96, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p54
Presents a list of brochures that contain useful information relating to the heating and ventilation industry. Names of the companies that produced the brochures.
- New technical literature. // Industrial Heating;Dec96, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p65
Presents a list of companies who published pamphlets containing information that relates to the heating and ventilation industry. Description of the controlled atmosphere brazing process; Information on induction heating among other topics.
- An engineer's view on need for quality installations. Karpen, Daniel // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/15/99, Vol. 208 Issue 11, p53
Presents the view of a professional engineer on the need for quality heating, ventilation and airconditioning installations. Complaint of musty odor in the house; Use of duct liner which is difficult to clean; Report to the homeowner; Suggestions on what contractors need to do.
- Back 2 Basics. McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Apr2009, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on Owner's Project Requirements (OPR) and Basis of Design (BOFD), one on HVAC OPR, and one on HVAC basis of design.
- The System at Work. Turner, Fred // ASHRAE Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p5
Focuses on the volunteer system of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). Recognition of the work of authors, reviewers and volunteers who serve on ASHRAE committees; Journal's provision of practical information about the industry.
- The Community of ASHRAE. Rooley, Richard H. // ASHRAE Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p15
Provides information on the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). Objectives of the volunteer leaders in the ASHRAE; Importance of diversity in the association; Management and operations manuals written by members for chapters.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Watts, Wayne; Himber, Don // Engineered Systems;Nov2014, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p8
Letters to the editor and replies are presented in response to the article "Leaving a Legacy" by Howard McKew in the September 2014 issue, which discusses the great legacy in the heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) engineering career.
- World Wide Web. // Engineered Systems;Nov2006, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p80
The article reports on news concerning the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry. Bradford White has launched its web site for its entire water heater product line. The Fluke Corp. is offering FlukePlus Test Tool Info online that serves as test tool for users. Contemporary Controls...