Training for the World-Class Boiler Operator
- U.S. construction outlook for 1997. Anderson, Jeanne // Roads & Bridges;Feb97, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p21
Presents the pronouncement of Bill Toal, chief economist for the Portland Cement Association that a mild retrenchment is in store for the United States construction industry. Statistics on the total inflation-adjusted construction; Public works construction.
- Railroading is still full of surprises. Phillips, Don // Trains;Apr2005, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p14
Comments on the rebuilt of railroad in Eritrea. Reason behind the construction of the railroad in 1880; Factors that led to service failure of the railroad in 1970; Issues raised regarding the rebuilt of the railroad.
- Industry Restructuring: What Happened to Merger Mania? Dukart, James R. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jan2003, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p34
Examines the merger activities in the public utilities industry in the U.S. Impact of electric deregulation and economic downturn on merger activities; List of merged and combined utility companies; Percentage stock performance of six notable utilities.
- Legislation was introduced in Illinois to combat unfair... // Contractor Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the introduction of House Bill 3713 in Illinois, to combat unfair utility competition caused by deregulation. How the state's deregulation law has been interpreted.
- Contractors will have to overcome public perception of deregulation. Miodonski, Bob // Contractor Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p64
Discusses the impact of utility deregulation on contractors in the United States. Speech made by Jack Kemp at the 1998 annual convention of the Mechanical Contractors Association of America; Kemp's support of deregulation.
- Deregulating electric utilities. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun98, p16
Focuses on the deregulation of electric utilities in Ohio. Reasons for the deregulation of utilities; Definition of deregulation; Impact that deregulation would have on the economy of Ohio.
- Challenging deregulation issues promise to appear this year. Franks, Jonathan // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/05/98, Issue 322247, p1
Reports that the California Public Utilities Commission is expected to tackle a number of tough deregulation issues in 1998. Push by the state's publicly-owned utilities to market their own power as ostensibly independent companies; Refusal by the commission to let former monopolies charge thee...
- Off the record. Olsztynski, Jim // PHC Profit Report;Jul97, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p12
Discusses the impact of the utility deregulation for the United States' business enterprises. Implications for consumer utility bills; General publicity; Oregon's failure to pass a deregulation bill.
- Re-regulation: Marching forward, while minding the past. Swanekamp, Rob; Sansone, Robert J. // Power;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 146 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the deregulation of electric power industry in the U.S. List of several U.S. deregulation laws; Comments on some deregulation laws; Consequences of deregulation.