black inner city child art: a phantom concept?
- Are Canadian inner cities becoming more dissimilar? An analysis of urban deprivation indicators. Broadway, Michael J.; Jetsy, Gillian // Urban Studies (Routledge);Aug98, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p1423
Measures the relative strength of opposing factors within the Canadian urban system by examining changes in inner-city deprivation levels between 1981-1991 for 22 largest cities. Increasing divergence in deprivation; Local factors as major determinants of overall inner-city conditions.
- Teaching the History of Performance Studies: What to Wall In--and Out? Dailey, Sheron J.; Broda-Bahm, Christine M. // Future of Performance Studies: Visions & Revisions;1998, p118
The article presents the author's views on the approach towards performance studies as historical study. According to the author, conceiving performance history as a way of investigating the world provides a common repertoire of possibilities and a common vocabulary for the interpretation of...
- NOTICES. // Art Education;Feb55, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p17
This section offers news briefs related to art education in the U.S. The Maine Art Education Association held its annual meeting in Portland, Oregon, on October 29, 1954. A workshop forum in art education will be offered by the American Association of School Administrators, the National Art...
- Ademola at Lincoln Center and jazz Sundays. Scott, Ron // New York Amsterdam News;7/15/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 29, p20
Now that Harlem has become a part of the cloned panorama of the U.S. with its Starbucks, Old Navy and other conglomerate contributions, many are saying that the cultural city of Black America is beginning to enjoy its second renaissance. While such a realization does hold some relevance, there...
- Tourism Promotion in 'Difficult Areas': The Experience of Johannesburg Inner-city. Rogerson, Christian M.; Kaplan, Lucy // Urban Forum;Apr-Sep2005, Vol. 16 Issue 2/3, p214
Presents the results of a recent analysis of the changing potential of tourism in Johannesburg, South Africa. International record of promoting tourism in inner cities; Examination of strategic initiatives for growing tourism in Johannesburg and of specific initiatives around inner-city...
- How to Sell the New Newark. Nelson, Jennifer // njbiz;8/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p17
Focuses on the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City, a nonprofit hired for the marketing of Newark, New Jersey. Ways of changing people's perceptions of the city; Keys to building a competitive economy; Opinion of Bruno Associates chairman John Bruno on the project.
- inboard. // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p69
A definition of the term "inboard," which refers to that portion of a trade lying in the direction of the central city, is presented.
- Smithsonian Celebrates Petersburg. // Russian Life;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on celebrations to commemorate the 300th anniversary of the founding of Saint Petersburg, Russia by the Smithsonian Associates from January 21 to March 31, 2003. Discussion on Russian arts, cuisine and history during celebrations; Major highlights of celebrations.
- THE STUDY OF ART IN UNIVERSITIES. Brooks, Alfred M. // Education;Feb1901, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p364
The article discusses the need to include the study of art in universities, with focus on architecture, in the United States. Architecture, along with painting and sculpture, is an expression of man's genius, reason and imagination. Its study must be part of liberal education because it has the...