Intel Investing In Symbol
- Breaking News. // Wireless Week;02/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p3
Presents several news briefs about the wireless communication industry. Joint venture of Intel Corp. and Ericsson; Plans of Nucentrix Broadband Networks Inc. in Austin, Texas; Price of an initial public offering (IPO) of Alamosa PCS.
- Intel to debut wireless hub, PC cards. Jacobs, April // Network World;06/12/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p25
Focuses on Intel and Symbol Technologies' plan to roll out a wireless hub and personal computer card aimed at enterprise users on the move. Features and capabilities of the PRO/Wireless 2011 hub; Price; Availability of management tools that let network professionals remotely configure and...
- Intel targets wireless LANs. Niccolai, James // Network World;02/21/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p23
Focuses on the multiyear deal signed by Intel and Symbol Technologies to codevelop products for use in high-speed wireless networks. Amount that Intel plans to invest in the venture; Terms of the deal; Plans for the products' sale.
- piccap Intel Wimax. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;3/30/2005, Issue 2187, p16
The article reports that Intel Corp. has teamed up with the Science Museum for its first trials of fixed wireless access WiMAX technology in Great Britain.
- Intel, Mitsubishi partner on 3G cellular chipset. // RCR;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p32
Announces Intel Corp. and Mitsubishi Electric Corp.'s co-development of a cellular chipset for the third generation wireless technology market. Work done on the chipset; Plans of both companies to extend joint development efforts to other areas.
- Intel-Cisco deal aims to improve Wi-Fi. Lawson, Stephen // Network World;9/5/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p19
This article reports on a joint development project of Intel Corp. and Cisco Systems Inc., that could improve the performance and quality of corporate voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) networks. The companies want to ensure Wi-Fi wireless local area networks deliver good VoIP quality and as...
- NEWS MAP. // Wireless Asia;Sep2001, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p14
Reports developments on wireless communication providers in Asia. Joint venture between Sony and Ericsson mobile phone; Partnership between Hitachi Inc. and Hisense Electric Co. for the manufacture of CDMA handsets in China; Plans for a 50 percent reduction of workforce by Globalstar.
- COMMUNICATIONS BRIEFS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p34
Reports developments related to wireless communications in the U.S. as of March 2002. Joint venture between AT&T Wireless and Ericsson.
- Spread spectrum `out of the box'. // Automatic I.D. News;Apr95, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p70
Features the SAB-Lite radio frequency data communications system from Symbol Technologies. Use of the wireless Spectrum One Network connected to its SAB-Lite serial access bridge; Built-in intelligence; Frequency spectrum.