Ericsson: The Good, Bad And The Turnaround
- BSNL launches nationwide service in India. // RCR Wireless News;10/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p18
Reports on the launch of cellular service by BSNL company in India. Benefits of the service; Number of cities and towns covered by CellOne cellular services from BSNL in semi-urban and rural areas; Role of Ericsson company.
- Spoilt for choice. Els, Frik // Finance Week;3/29/2002, p55
Focuses on the business operations of several cellphone manufacturers. Ability of Nokia to anticipate consumer fads; Merger of the cellphone business between Ericsson and Sony; Introduction of the T68, the first color display phone for GSM market. INSET: Objects of desire..
- Ericsson: Light At Tunnel's End? Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;11/01/99, Vol. 5 Issue 44, p31
Deals with the impact of corporate restructuring on the finance of Ericsson, maker of mobile telephones. Percentage of operating margins expected by Ericsson for the 1999 fourth quarter; Impact of AT&T Wireless Services' decision to add Nortel to its vendor list on Ericsson; Benefits of the...
- BUSINESS BRIEFS. // Wireless Week;7/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 31, p15
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of July 30, 2001. Agreement signed between Bridgewater Systems and Ericsson; Windows CE Bluetooth kit for system developers launched by Socket Communications Inc.; Appointment of James Queen as chief executive officer of Main Course...
- The good and bad sides of mobile. Nolle, Tom // Telecommunications;Jan/Feb 2008, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p40
The article discusses the positive and negative developments concerning the mobile telecommunications industry in the U.S. According to Wall Street, common mobile carriers performed well due to mobile services revenue, however, major players such as Ericsson and Alcatel-Lucent saw their profits...
- Infrastructure Awards. // RCR Wireless News;4/11/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p13
Provides information on several telecommunication infrastructure contracts awarded by cellular telephone companies in March 2005. Alcatel; Ericsson; Lucent.
- BITS. // Wireless Week;2/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p22
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of February 25, 2002. Wireless location solution for global system for mobile communication-based mobile operators launched by Compaq Computer Corp.; Partnership of AT & T Wireless and Ericsson; Availability of a Web-enabled billing...
- movements. // Telecom Asia;Feb2008, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p13
The article reports global developments in the telecommunication industry. The Yahoo! Inc. board formally rejects Microsoft Corp.'s $44.6 billion offer for the Internet company. Motorola Inc. and Nortel Networks Corp. are reportedly discussing a joint venture that would combine their wireless...
- CELLULAR/PCS. // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p28
Presents news briefs from the cellular and personal communication systems industry as of May 15, 2000. Increasing usage of wireless communication; Contract between VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Ericsson.
- Hedgehogging. // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses several issues in the cellular telephone services industry. Google is collaborating with Ericsson, Nokia Siemens, Alcatel-Lucent and Nortel to build the next-generation wireless network. Garmin announced a new navigation gadget that includes 3G cellular features and an...