Revolv Evolves With New Focus
- Microsoft pitches mobile-services effort. Kujubu, Laura; Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;11/16/98, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p49
Discusses the launch of a wireless data communications company called WirelessKnowledge as a joint venture by Microsoft and Qualcomm. Terms under partnership; Services featuring technologies such as Microsoft Windows CE operating system; Offer of service and technology to access corporate data.
- Gold mine seen in qualcomm, MS joint venture. Siedsma, Andrea // San Diego Business Journal;11/16/98, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p1
Reports on Microsoft Corp. and Qualcomm Inc.'s formation of a joint venture called Wireless Knowledge LLC, which will be based in San Diego, California. WirelessKnowledge's formation of strategic partnerships with several wireless carriers; Appointment of John Major to head the joint venture;...
- WirelessKnowledge promise: Any device, any network. Bruno, Antony // RCR;11/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p1
Announces the formation of the joint venture firm WirelessKnowledge LLC of Qualcomm Inc. and Microsoft Corp. Background of business operations of WirelessKnowledge; Plans to offer service solutions to carriers on original equipment manufacturer basis; Cost of monthly fee charges; Executives of...
- New venture to meet high hurdles. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;11/16/98, Vol. 235 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the opposition faced by Microsoft Corp. and Qualcomm's joint venture Wireless Knowledge regarding its wireless Internet and intranet access offering. Popularization of wireless data by supporting wireless standards; Partnerships with nine carriers that plan to offer its wireless...
- Microsoft, Qualcomm go mobile. Kujubu, Laura; Trott, Bob // InfoWorld;11/09/98, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p8
Reports on Microsoft Corp. and Qualcomm Inc.'s plan to announce a joint venture into wireless communications that will provide carriers with mobile data solutions for corporate consumers. Application of the Windows CE operating system to smart phones; Users' interest in wireless data services;...
- New Player Goes Wireless. Cholewka, Kathleen; Spangler, Todd // Inter@ctive Week;11/09/98, Vol. 5 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the plans of Microsoft Corp. and Qualcomm Inc. to announce a company which will develop wireless systems, including computer-capable wireless phones. Information on Qualcomm and Microsoft; Remarks from Brian Cotton of Frost and Sullivan; Information on Windows CE Platform Builder.
- Wireless Knowledge sending echoes through data market. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;11/23/98, Vol. 235 Issue 21, p18
Looks into the impact of Microsoft and Qualcomm's joint venture called Wireless Knowledge on the wireless communication market. Possible shift in the makeup of the wireless data industry; Expected changes in the segment that custom application developers currently serve.
- NEWS. // Wireless Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p12
Presents an update on the wireless communication business as of November 12, 2001. Termination of the deal between ICO Global Ltd. and New ICO Global Communications Ltd.; Information on Microsoft Corporation's withdrawal of its holdings in Wireless Knowledge, a joint venture with Qualcomm.
- Microsoft pairs with Ericsson. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;12/13/99, Vol. 237 Issue 24, p12
Examines Microsoft Corp.'s deal with Ericsson wherein Ericsson will incorporate Microsoft's Mobile Exchange microbrowser into some of its future phones and will use Microsoft's Windows NT Server and Exchange Platforms. Comparison of the deal with Microsoft's joint venture with Qualcomm; Unclear...