- Freedom Wireless names five in new patent lawsuit. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;12/11/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p16
The article reports on the lawsuits filed by Freedom Wireless Inc. (FWI) against wireless carriers and service providers for patent infringement at the U.S. District Court for Marshall in Texas. The defendants include Cingular Wireless LLC, Alltel Corp., Ericsson Inc., Comverse Inc. and VeriSign...
- Prepaid phone top-ups available at ATMs. // ABA Banking Journal;Aug2005, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p14
Deals with the product developed by Boston Communications Group (bcgi) that allows prepaid phone top-ups to be done at automated teller machines. Number of wireless carriers participating in the Wireless Wallet ATM Recharge Service of bcgi; Comments from James Anderson, vice-president of...
- BCGI reorganizes, buys PureSight for $6M. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;5/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p1
Presents an update on wireless service provider Boston Communications Group Inc. (BCGI) in the U.S. as of May 30, 2005. Reason behind the acquisition of filtering software developer PureSight Inc. by BCGI; Decision of Cingular Wireless LLC to file documents with the U.S. Securities and Exchange...
- Hidden fees: one reporter's tale. Carter, Adrienne // Money;Mar2001, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p138
Discusses hidden fees associated with cellular phone service. How Verizon Wireless can extend a contract for 12 months if there is a change in plans or minutes; Advice on how to avoid contract disputes.
- Local wireless carriers bolster service for edge. Marks, Andrew // Crain's New York Business;9/24/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p16
Focuses on the business strategies of wireless telephone companies in the United States. Improvement in customer service and sales efforts; Expansion in coverage and reliability of wireless telephone connections; Installation of network for railroad commuters by Vericon Communication Inc.
- Carriers Look To Cut Backhaul Costs. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;7/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p15
Reports on the effort of wireless operators to search for cheaper ways to administer backhaul traffic in the U.S. Cost of backhauling traffic; Percentage of cellular backhaul lines that uses T1 lines in the U.S.; Significance of multichannel multipoint distribution services.
- Prepaid suit stuns BCGI. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p11
Reports on the involvement of Boston Communications Group Inc. (BCGI) in a prepaid suit of Freedom Wireless Inc. Effect of the suit on the stock price of BCGI; Remarks from E.Y. Snowden, CEO of BCGI, on the jury decision regarding patent infringement of Freedom Wireless; Impact of the case on...
- Watch for roaming fees near home. Jidoun, Grace // Money;Nov2000, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p174
Discusses the problem of erroneous fees for cellular telephone users in the United States. Problem of carriers building cell towers rapidly enough to meet the demand of cellular telephone users; Advice for avoiding the charges.
- Boston Communications Group initiates national network plan. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;10/07/96, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p24
Reports that Boston Communications Group Incorporated has begun operations on its prepaid C2C wireless prepaid roaming network for four cellular carriers. Name of the carriers; Advantages of a prepaid service; Company's goal; Statements from Denise Archer-Allen, vice president of strategic...