A Towering Dream: Sell To Competitors
- Sprint First U.S. Carrier to Debut Galaxy S II. // RBOC Update;Oct2011, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p1
The article previews the Samsung Epic 4G smartphone from Sprint.
- The S-curve. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;6/24/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p12
Focuses on the S-curve, a technology cycle from the time a concept is introduced through its adoption and before it is replaced by another technology. Obstacles that successful technologies need to overcome; Second-quarter guidance of Sprint PCS.
- 3G wars. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p10
Comments on the third-generation (3G) network technology launched by Sprint PCS in August 2002. Claims of Sprint PCS and Verizon Wireless; Findings of Probe Research and RBC Capital Markets on the 3G technology.
- Sprint PCS offers Voice Command dialing service. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p4
Informs on United States-based Sprint PCS' introduction of PCS Voice Command in a move to strengthen its telematics strategy.
- Sprint PCS simplifies PCS pricing. // Telephony;09/22/97, Vol. 233 Issue 12, p56
States that Sprint PCS has established a unified pricing structure for the 65 metropolitan trading areas its networks cover in the United States.
- Sprint expands Lucent deal. // Telephony;06/22/98, Vol. 234 Issue 25, p7
Reports that Sprint PCS has granted an additional contract to Lucent Technologies Ltd. for the expansion of its wireless network. Deal's coverage of network infrastructure and professional services; Sprint's expansion plans.
- Sprint PCS wired for Arlington retail store. Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;11/8/96, Vol. 9 Issue 28, p6
Reports on Sprint PCS' lease of 2,700 square feet in Arlington, Texas for a future retail site. Number of markets targeted by the end of 1996; Services and products to be offered by the Sprint stores.
- Verizon beats Sprint PCS to 1XRTT. Carroll, Kelly // Wireless Review;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the commercial launching of the 1XRTT, a third generation telecommunication technology in the U.S. markets developed by Verizon Wireless. Advantage of 1XRTT over other telecommunication standards; Competition of the company with Sprint PCS.
- Sprint PCS takes aim at business segment. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p29
Reports that Sprint PCS is targeting business users in the United States. Strengthening of growth and average revenue per user numbers; Competition strategies of the company.