DDI Cuts Iridium Funding
- Motorola feels weight of Iridium descent. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p26
Reports that the stock price of Motorola Inc. dropped on May 25, 1999, due to concerns that the firm could be negatively affected if Iridium LLC, where Motorola owns 18%, fails to get additional financing. Iridium's hiring of Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette Securities to restructure its debt;...
- Business briefing. // Interavia Business & Technology;Jan99, Vol. 54 Issue 627, p7
Focuses on the financing closed by Iridium consisting of a Senior Secured Credit Facility and a Guaranteed Credit Facility guaranteed by Motorola.
- Motorola Inc. // Crain's Chicago Business;07/21/97, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p34
Reports that Iridium LLC has accrued an $800 million debt offering. Details on a planned global communications network to be developed by Iridium; Reference to Motorola Incorporated's investment in Iridium.
- Iridium stock drops, rises after comment. Bruno, Antony // RCR;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p20
Discloses that possibility that Iridium LLC could face liquidation if it fails to realize the revenues and number of subscribers originally targeted. Other company assessments made by Motorola executives during the second-quarter earnings conference call of Motorola.
- Iridium's future up in the air. Anselmo, Joseph C. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/23/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 8, p40
Presents an update on developments concerning global satellite network, Iridium LLC. Filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection; Continuation of telephone and paging services; Offer of turning over one-third of the firm's equity to holders of high-yield bonds; Cash infusion from Motorola, the...
- Iridium buys time with creditors. Cholewka, Kathleen; Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;04/05/99, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p53
Focuses on the financial problems of telecommunications company Iridium. Company's receipt of a 60-day waiver from its creditors; Resignation of chief financial officer Roy Grant; Details of the company's credit facility agreements; Total debt; Difficulty experienced by the firm in signing up...
- Iridium Raises $1.95B, May Try To Raise More. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;01/04/99, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p14
Details the plan of the Iridum LLC to raise money in the first quarter of 1999. Necessity of the financing; How the company will use the extra money; Marketing expenditures of the company; Challenge faced by the company; Background about the three parts of financing received by the company.
- Clearwire/McCaw. Brown, Karen // CED;Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p42
Reports on the launch of Clearwire by Craig McCaw in the U.S.
- Iridium will not `go under' says Motorola. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p13
Reports on developments pertaining to satellite venture Iridium Inc. recent to April 1999. Financial support from Motorola; Problems facing the company; Causes of the problems.