A Deal, With Conditions
- FCC objects to DOJ, FBI interference. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) approval of the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Omnipoint Corp. Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigations' call for the FCC to defer consideration of the merger; Separate statement issued by the FCC.
- Powell Adviser: VoiceStream Merger Is Guideline. // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p4
Reveals what the approval of the merger of Deutsche Telekom AG and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. signals for future deals before the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). What the major theme of FCC Chairman Michael Powell's agenda includes.
- FCC OKs DT/VoiceStream combo. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;04/30/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to approve the acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless by German company Deutsche Telekom. How analysts view the merger of the companies; Implications of the merger to the telecommunications industry in the...
- Omnipoint Takeout Should Roam to a Close. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 42, p1
Reports the possible success of VoiceStream Wireless Corp.'s acquisition of Omnipoint Corp. despite the petition of Qualcomm Inc. Argument of Qualcomm; Terms of the deal.
- VoiceStream anxiously waits for gov't approvals on mergers. Luna, Lynette // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p5
Reports that VoiceStream Wireless Inc. is waiting for government approvals for its pending mergers with Omnipoint Corp. and Aerial Communications Inc. Companies that filed protests with the United States Federal Communications Commission against Omnipoint's license transfer to VoiceStream;...
- PCS companies file merger proxy. // RCR;01/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Reports that personal communication system providers, Voicestream Wireless Corp., Omnipoint Corp. and Aerial Communications Inc. have merged their operations.
- FBI Demands Access To New VoiceStream. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/01/99, Vol. 5 Issue 44, p14
Deals with the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) opposition to the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Omnipoint Corporation. Reasons FBI and the Department of Justice have asked the Federal Communications Commission to defer license transfer approval until VoiceStream...
- Hutch says EC progress slow on Austria deal. // Telecom Mergers & Acquisitions;Aug2012, p7
The article reports that progress has been slow for a merger deal between Hutchison Whampoa Ltd. and the European Commission (EC) in Austria.
- Ad Fuels Complaint. // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p1
Urges the United States Federal Communications Commission by the the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus Inc. to review VoiceStream Wireless Corp. print advertising to determine if they misled the public about the carrier's network coverage.