Identification and Evaluation of Mental Retardation
- Quality Improvement in Ontario's Developmental Services System. Martin, Lynn; Ouellette-Kuntz, Hélène // Journal on Developmental Disabilities;2014, Vol. 20 Issue 2, piv
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the best way for assessing and monitoring the quality of the services offered to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in Ontario.
- Neurodevelopmental disorders: Synaptic supervision. Chmielnicki, Eva // Nature Medicine;Apr2013, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p416
The article discusses research which aims to identify the role of fragile X mental retardation protein (FMRP) in brain synapses, conducted by Pan-Yue Deng and colleagues, published in an issue of "Neuron" journal.
- Adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities: Strategies for occupational therapy. Seeberger, Christel // Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy;Feb2016, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p41
No abstract available.
- Family Portrait. Matthews, Sharon // Exceptional Parent;Aug2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p64
Details the story of a mother who has a developmentally disabled son. Difficulties encountered by the mother; Services acquired by the mother for her son from early intervention programs; Ways of coping with developmental disability.
- Developmental Medicine and Dentistry Reviews & Reports. May, Philip // Exceptional Parent;Aug2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p74
Characterizes functional decline, a health condition observed in some adults with developmental disabilities. Manifestations of functional decline; Suspected causes of the condition; Ways of coping with functional decline,
- Translation and Cultural Adaptation of the Supports Intensity Scale in French. Lamoureux-Hébert, Mélanie; Morin, Diane // American Journal on Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities;Jan2009, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p61
The Supports Intensity Scale (SIS) was translated into French. The French version was then validated using a sample of 245 persons with intellectual disabilities between the ages of 16 and 75 years. The internal consistency was excellent (.98). Correlations with age and levels of intellectual...
- Where We Are Now. Kiernan, William // Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities;Summer2000, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p90
It has long been recognized that employment is a critical factor in independence and community integration. This article overviews the status of employment for people with mental retardation, considers emerging approaches to enhancing employment outcomes, and presents some of the future...
- Special Olympiads strive for glory. Cerini, Kenneth R. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/18/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 30, p34A
Focuses on the Special Olympic program in Long Island, New York. Participation of individuals with mental retardation in sports training and competition; Views of volunteers on the program; List of sporting events participated by the athletes.
- ZADOVOLJSTVO OSOBA S INVALIDITETOM USLUGAMA OSOBNOG ASISTENTA. Pupic, Nikolina; Ki�-Glava�, Lelia; Nikolic, Branko // Croatian Review of Rehabilitation Research / Hrvatska Revija za ;2011, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p73
Personal assistance has become an important part of life of people with the most severe degree of disability in those activities that a person alone performed no sensory, physical or intellectual impairment. The aim of this study was to examine the experiences of individual users of personal...
- Is There a Cure for Medical Apathy? Borntrager, Randy // Exceptional Parent;Aug2005, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p33
Focuses on the Healthy Athletes program of the Special Olympics for people with intellectual and mental disabilities in the U.S. Medical services offered by the program; Risk of secondary health conditions among people with intellectual disabilities.