Identification and Evaluation of Mental Retardation
- Salla disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2065
An encyclopedia for "Salla disease," which refers to a rare form of autosomal recessive mental retardation, is presented.
- Let's get rid of the 'R' word. Clark, Karen Fox // St. Charles Journal;8/21/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 67, pA7
In this article, the author discusses about the life of people with learning difficulties.
- Varieties of Repetitive Behavior in Autism: Comparisons to Mental Retardation. Bodfish, James W.; Symons, Frank J.; Parker, Dawn E.; Lewis, Mark H. // Journal of Autism & Developmental Disorders;Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p237
Systematic study of abnormal repetitive behaviors in autism has been lacking despite the diagnostic significance of such behavior. The occurrence of specific topographies of repetitive behaviors as well as their severity was assessed in individuals with mental retardation with and without...
- Measuring Pervasive Developmental Disorders in Children and Adolescents with Mental Retardation: A Comparison of Two Screening Instruments Used in a Study of the Total Mentally Retarded Population from a Designated Area. de Bildt, Annelies; Systema, Sjoerd; Ketelaars, Cees; Kraijer, Dirk; Volkmar, Fred; Minderaa, Ruud // Journal of Autism & Developmental Disorders;Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p595
The performance of two screening instruments for Pervasive Developmental Disorders was studied in the total population of participants with mental retardation between 4 and 18 years (n = 1059) in Friesland, a northern province of the Netherlands. Parents completed the Autism Behavior Checklist...
- Neurodevelopmental disorders: Synaptic supervision. Chmielnicki, Eva // Nature Medicine;Apr2013, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p416
The article discusses research which aims to identify the role of fragile X mental retardation protein (FMRP) in brain synapses, conducted by Pan-Yue Deng and colleagues, published in an issue of "Neuron" journal.
- Why Is Providing Dental Care to People with Mental Retardation and Other Developmental Disabilities Such a Low Priority? Waldman, H. Barry; Perlman, Steven P. // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p435
Discusses the low priority in the U.S. in providing dental care to people with mental retardation and other developmental disabilities. Result of a study of U.S. and Canadian dental schools regarding the training of students; Changes in the care of individuals with mental retardation and other...
- Autism Spectrum Disorders: A Natural Fit with DDD. Myles, Brenda Smith; Simpson, Richard L.; Babkie, Andrea M. // Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities;Winter2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p267
The membership of the Council for Exceptional Children's division on mental retardation and developmental disabilities following an extensive consultation process, made a progressive step by voting to change the division's name to the Division on Developmental Disabilities (DDD). This move...
- Review of Adaptive Behavior Studies in Mentally Retarded Persons with Autism/Pervasive Developmental Disorder. Kraijer, Dirk // Journal of Autism & Developmental Disorders;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p39
A review is presented of the investigations carried out concerning the adaptive behavior of persons with the dual disability of mental retardation and autism/PDD. A close correspondence is found between the results obtained by means of a Dutch set of scales, the SRZ, SGZ, and SMZ, and those...
- Phenylketonuria. Cohen, B. E.; Winter, S. T. // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov1962, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p130
Focuses on the incidence of phenylketonuria in Israel.