Gradual Slowdown In 2008
- Growth Slows In Q108. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p12
The article provides an outlook for the Lithuanian economy through 2009. According to analysts, the economy of Lithuania has started to slow in response to tighter financial conditions, rising consumer prices and declining confidence. The country's real gross domestic product (GDP) reportedly...
- Employment Growth and Labor Force Participation: How Many Jobs are Enough? // Working Paper Series (Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta);Oct2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 25, p1
Focuses on the rate of employment growth and labor force participation in the U.S. Creation of jobs; Effect of labor growth in gross domestic product; Growth in employment; Decline in labor force participation.
- Bangladesh To 2018: Long-Term Potential Strong, But Restricted. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/29/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p7
The article presents an economic outlook for Bangladesh as of June 2009. It is predicted that the country will pose a 6 to 7 percent gross domestic product (GDP), which is cited as sustainable in the long term given the increasing size of the workforce. The need to improve productivity is...
- Anderson Forecast 2010. Faulk, Dagney // Indiana Business Review;Winter2009, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the economic forecast of Madison County, Indiana, for 2010. It states that the sign of recovery has been seen after the recession. It has been recorded the increase of national output in the third quarter of 2009. It also forecasts the unemployment rate is recorded as 9.7...
- LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, Ukraine & Baltics;Mar2004, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p8
This article presents statistical information on economic and political conditions of Lithuania. a majority of Lithuanians wants the president, Rolandas Paksas, to resign. The president refutes allegations of links between his administration and Russian criminal organisations, which have led to...
- Strong Growth Masks Vulnerabilities. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p12
The article presents an economic outlook for Lithuania. The re-acceleration in GDP growth will increase the risk of a more disruptive scenario playing out in the future. Real GDP expanded by a provisional 10.8% y-o-y in third quarter 2007. According to the Ministry of Finance, the third quarter...
- Macroeconomic Activity Data Tables. // Lithuania Country Review;2001/2002, p38
Presents charts depicting macroeconomic activity in Lithuania from 1996 to 2000. Real gross domestic product (GDP); Total population; Real GDP per capita; Prices and exchanges rates; Trade balance.
- Chapter I: REVIEW OF THE ECONOMY AND FINANCES. // Annual Report (Bank of Lithuania);2012, p11
The article examines the recovery of the global economy and finances after the recession in 2009. It discusses Lithuania's economic development in 2012 wherein much is attributed to the export industry and the labour market. The country's average annual unemployment rate also dropped to 13.2%...
- GDP. // Baltic States Country Profile;2005, p52
Several tables and charts are presented related to the gross domestic product (GDP) of Lithuania which include its real GDP in Litas million from 1999-2004, its real GDP in Litas million from 2004-2009, and real GDP in U.S. dollar million from 1999-2004.