Monetary Easing To Continue In Q108
- UAE Tops Gulf States for Salary Growth. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Nov2008, p8
The article reports on several Gulf countries that lead salary growth. According to figures released by GulfTalent, the United Arab Emirates tops the list of pay rises with the increase of 13.6% followed by Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. All markets saw pay increases accelerate...
- Private Sector Salary Increases Average 6.3 per cent. // Management Services;May84, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p32
The article presents information on the rise of salary in private sectors in great Britain. Executive, professional and administrative staff in private industrial and commercial firms received salary increases of 6.3 per cent and total remuneration, included bonus, increases of 6.5 percent....
- Increasing Minimum Wage Helps Working Families. Owens, Christine L. // La Prensa San Diego;12/30/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 52, p6
The article discusses the minimum wage increase in eight states in the U.S. including Arizona, Colorado and Florida resulting from the state laws that adjust minimum wage to keep pace with the increasing cost of living.
- AMERICA'S UNEASY PROSPERITY. Nathan, Robert R. // New Republic;4/5/48, Vol. 118 Issue 14, p14
Focuses on economic conditions of the U.S. Factors leading to the rise in food prices; Effect of the World War II on economic conditions of the country; Role of the bank credit in increasing inflation; Impact of the wage increase on the economic conditions of the nation.
- Maryland District's Teachers Stage 'Sick-Outs' Over Pay. // Education Week;4/18/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 30, p3
The article reports on the protest to the proposed pay raises and the inadequate planning time for teachers at the elementary level in Montgomery County, Maryland. The board has offered the teachers of the county a 5 percent cost of living raise for the school year 1984-1985. The Montgomery...
- Polish salaries up y/y in April. // Regional Today;5/21/2014, p1
The article reports on the increase in the average salary in the Polish corporate sector in April 2014.
- Private sector employers expect to offer employees higher pay awards in 2010. Golding, Nick // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p2
The article focuses on the results of the report, IRS Annual Review of Pay Trends and Prospects, which states that nearly half of private sector employers are confident they will be able to offer higher pay awards to employees, in 2010 than they did in 2009.
- State minimum wage goes to $7.65 in Jan. // Inside Tucson Business;10/21/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p3
The article reports on the decision of the Arizona Industrial Commission to require companies who pay the minimum wage to add 30 cents an hour starting January 1, 2012, indicating that the wage upward is based on the federal consumer price index.
- And Now, a Word About Salary Increases. Grensing-Pophal, Lin // HR Magazine;Nov2008, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p93
The article focuses on issues involving salary increases in the U.S. Recent forecasts of salary increases that employers plan for 2009 have been mostly around 3.5 percent to four percent, about even with the rates of pay raises awarded for 2008. Even though projected salary increases for many...