Health Reform Will Not Save Election
- Socialists slam Fidesz policies in Budapest. // Hungary A.M.;6/13/2014, p5
The article reports that the Socialist criticizes the decision of the Fidesz party to change municipal electoral system in Budapest, Hungary.
- Report: Fidesz member losing faith. // Hungary A.M.;12/9/2014, p7
The article reports that Hungarian political party Fidesz's members are losing trust on Fidesz's policies as the youth of the party rejects plans of close ties with Russia and also reports on the issue of rising wealth among Fidesz's politicians.
- Demonization, Hungarian-Style. Jordan, Michael J. // Transitions Online;4/19/2010, p4
The article reflects on the political condition of Hungary, where the radical political party Jobbik, or the Movement for a Better Hungary, had made its move against the other political party. It mentions that Jobbik had issued a press release days after the national election which had attacked...
- RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p7
The article presents a risk summary for Hungary. It cites a November 2007 opinion poll which showed that opposition party Fidesz continues to gain ground over the ruling Socialist party. The country is revising down its 2008 budget deficit target to 4.0% of GDP. Hungarian average gross monthly...
- Fidesz: Nothing To Worry About Yet. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2010, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p4
The article focuses on the condition of the Fidesz Party, under the leadership of former Prime Minister Victor Orban, in Hungary before the parliamentary election in April 2010 by Business Monitor International Ltd. It mentions that the said political party remained on the top compared to other...
- So long and thanks for all the votes. // Budapest Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p29
Comments on the issues concerning the vote for the hosting of Olympic Games in Hungary. Selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP to conduct the feasibility study by the government; Responsible party in paying the service of PricewaterhouseCoopers; Electoral behavior of the Fidesz-Hungarian Civic...
- Chicken politics. // Budapest Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p29
Focuses on a series of debates between the ministerial candidates of the opposition Hungarian Socialist Party and their counterparts in the present government led by Fidesz-Hungarian Civic Party. Argument on the economic reform; Discussion on the country's central budget deficit; Emphasis on...
- Whichever way the economy goes, Fidesz wins. D'Amato, Erik // Budapest Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 9 Issue 51, p21
Comments on the domination of the Fidesz Party in the political sector in Hungary. Impact of the economic performance on politics; Comparison between the socialist and the Fidesz Party; Evaluation of the government's economic management.
- Government party Fidesz uses Facebook to advertise energy price cut. // Hungary A.M.;01/09/2013, p6
The article offers information on the Facebook page created by the ruling Fidesz political party in Hungary to share information and experiences in relation to the 10 percent reduction of household energy prices in the country in 2013.