Inflationary Pressures To Remain In 2008
- RICH STATE, POOR STATE. Aylmer, Sean // BRW;5/1/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p28
The article reports on economic growth in Western Australia (WA) and Queensland as of May 2008 citing business and economic forecasts. The lack of a skilled workforce and capital equipment in WA are expected to hinder continued economic growth. Both WA and Queensland experienced the fastest...
- Inflation: Recent Developments. // Mexico Country Monitor;Jan2012, p14
The article reports on the economic developments of Mexico in 2011, focusing on inflation. The country's high inflation returns in October and November 2011. The producer price index shows an increased inflation rate from October to November due to higher prices in manufacturing and...
- ISM Non-Mfg Index Rose to 62.2% in June. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p2
Reports on the rise in the Institute for Supply Management's non-manufacturing business activity composite index. Prices paid index; Signs of inflation; Employment index; Increase in non-manufacturing business activity; Economic growth in the non-manufacturing sector.
- LowFlation. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/29/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p8
Highlights the impact of inflation on U.S. economic growth as of third quarter 2003. Decline in the Consumer Price Index of the country in November 2003; Advantages and benefits of deflation; Factors which may enable the government to achieve its desired level of inflation.
- Going Dutch? // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Mar2005, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p7
The article provides information on the economic performance of Kazakhstan in 2004. The country countinued its rapid economic growth accompanied with economic stability. Average consumer price inflation measured 7.1% at the end of 2004, narrowly falling outside the target band of 5.0-7.0%. The...
- Country Intelligence: Report: Kazakhstan. // Kazakhstan Country Monitor;Jun2013, p1
An overview on the economic condition and activity in Kazakhstan as of May 30, 2013 is presented. The outlook and developments for several economic growth indicators are offered including consumer demand and capital investment. The forecasts and updates for inflation, labor market, and exchange...
- Cumulative Impacts of Regulation. Bosworth, Barry P. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Nov79 Part 2, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p791
The article discusses the effects of trade regulations as it relate to inflation in the U.S. It provides an overview of inflation and the way regulation is part of such problem. It states that regulation of a social type is reducing productivity somewhere between five-tenths to three-quarters of...
- Economic Indicators. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Dec2010, Vol. 4 Issue 12, Special section p13
Several charts are presented which offer statistical information on Great Britain's economic indicators in 2010, including prices and inflation, labor market and national accounts economic activity.
- Country Report: Guatemala. // Guatemala Country Monitor;Jul2012, p1
The article reports on the economic condition of Guatemala. It provides an overview of the economy of the country, with emphasis on its growth indicators, gross domestic product (GDP), labor markets, inflation, exchange rates, and external sector. It also offers a prediction that its...