Meet the Relatives
- Heart Of Darkness. MacHugh, Conor // North & South;Nov2006, Issue 248, p104
The article discusses the author's experience while on a trip to see gorillas in the Democratic Republic of Congo. He relates his encounter with the mountain gorillas as a happy and humbling experience, seeing the animals in their natural habitat, protected from poachers. He also paints a...
- A SENSE OF RECOGNITION. Moorehead, Alan // New Yorker;3/21/1959, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p122
The article discusses the author's experience of travelling in the far end southwestern corner of Uganda, straddled by a chain of eight volcanoes across the border into the Belgian Congo, Central Africa. He stated that the place is the refuge of the mountain gorilla, a rare and endangered...
- Simian survival. Gaylord, Raymond; Coney, Carol // Conde Nast Traveler;Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p46
Presents readers' views on an article on ecotourism and its impact on endangered mountain gorillas in Africa published in the May 2003 issue of the 'Conde Nast Traveler' periodical.
- GORILLA WARFARE. Haines, Miranda // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Sep2002, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p57
Reviews the book 'In the Kingdom of Gorillas: The Quest to Save Rwanda's Mountain Gorillas,' by Bill Weber and Amy Vedder.
- IN THE KINGDOM OF GORILLAS (Book Review). Golf, Sarah F.; Rotella, Mark; Andriani, Lynn; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;9/24/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 39, p82
Reviews the book `In the Kingdom of Gorillas: Fragile Species in a Dangerous Land,' by Bill Weber and Amy Vedder.
- In the Kingdom of Gorillas (Book Review). Crim, Beth Clewis // Library Journal;10/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 16, p138
Reviews the book 'In the Kingdom of Gorillas: Fragile Species in a Dangerous Land,' by Bill Weber and Amy Vedder.
- In the Kingdom of Gorillas: Fragile Species in a Dangerous Land. Stern, Jean M. // Multicultural Review;Jun2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p94
Reviews the book "In the Kingdom of Gorillas: Fragile Species in a Dangerous Land," by Bill Weber and Amy Vedder.
- TOURISM HELPS GORILLAS. Bourne, Thomas; Amodeo, Christian // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jan2003, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p72
Reports on the benefits of ecotourism on the survival of mountain gorillas in Uganda and Rwanda. Benefits of the income from ecotourism; Increase in the population of mountain gorillas.
- Montana Affiliate Wants Families, Seniors To Go Wild. // International Wildlife;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the Montana Wildlife Federation's launch of an education program aimed at encouraging non-hunters and non-anglers to appreciate the state's bountiful wildlife. Launch of Eco-Tours to offer people an opportunity to connect with wildlife.