- Spell Marilyn with a capital CEO. Zhan, Sherrie E. // World Trade;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p42
Focuses on the appointment of Marilyn Carlson Nelson as the second chief executive officer of Carlson Co., succeeding his father Curt Carlson. Career background of Marilyn and Curt; Company history; Globalization efforts made by the company; Financial performance.
- A royal honor. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/6/2003, Vol. 218 Issue 17, p62
Reports on the award received by Marilyn Carlson Nelson, chairman of Carlson Cos. from the king and queen of Sweden. Presentation of the award; Recognition of the heritage of Nelson.
- Radisson makes Moscow push. Teinowitz, Ira // Advertising Age;10/26/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 44, p18
This article focuses on the plan of Carlson Cos. to promote Moscow as a tourist destination as part of a deal as of October 1992, that lets its Radisson Hotels International expand in Eastern Europe. Carlson will join with Mosintour, the state hotel's owner, in a joint venture to renovate,...
- BRAINSTORMING WITH JOE. // Travel Trade;5/19/2004, p21
Reports on Carlson Cos. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Marilyn Carlson Nelson's private meeting with federal tourism minister Joe Hockey at the Radisson Plaza Hotel Sydney in May 2004. Carlson Nelson's six-country tour of the Asia Pacific; Purpose of the meeting.
- Marilyn Carlson Nelson. Koli, Anuradha // Working Mother;Nov2007, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p82
An interview with Marilyn Carlson Nelson, chief executive officer (CEO) of Carlson Cos. in the U.S. is presented. When asked how did she push for better benefits, Nelson asserts that she pulled all Carlson's working mothers together to hold a forum and create a women's council. She also says...
- Most powerful woman in travel to visit island for first time. THURSTON, LAWSON D. // Caribbean Business;10/22/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 42, p64
The article focuses on Marilyn Carlson Nelson, chairperson and chief executive officer of Carlson Cos. Inc. in the U.S. It states that she has been invited at the University of Turabo to be the speaker of the first Ana G. MÃ©ndez Leadership Conference for Women on October 29, 2009 in Puerto...
- Carlson Nelson: How We Lead Matters. Watt, Stephen // Rotman Management;Spring2009, p102
The article focuses on the contributions of Marilyn Carlson Nelson, chief executive officer (CEO) of Minneapolis, Minnesota-based conglomerate Carlson Cos. Inc., to promote diversity in the company. It recounts Nelson's efforts to develop diverse company by employing women and minorities in the...
- Prepration key to landing Super Bowl. DARDIS, GREG // Corridor Business Journal;7/14/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 51, p19
The article focuses on the significance of preparation on how Minneapolis won in the bid to host the 2018 Super Bowl. It mentions that the state has selected former tap dancer Richard Davis and Marilyn Carlson Nelson, former chairman of the board of travel company Carlson Cos. Inc., to be on its...
- A new era at Carlson. STONE, DEANNE // Family Business;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p34
The article profiles Minneapolis, Minnesota-based hospitality and travel company Carlson. The family-owned company is headed by Diana Nelson who succeeded her mother, Marilyn Carlson Nelson, as board chair. Carlson has two women leaders, and 40 percent of its global staff are female. The former...