2008: Year of Reckoning?
- Hedging Volatility Shocks to the Canadian Investment Opportunity Set. Racine, Marie D. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Autumn98, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p59
Focuses on a study that assessed Canadian investors' interest in an asset's ability to hedge volatility shocks to their investment opportunity set and shocks to the market mean return. Data; Results; Volatility shock model used; Conclusions.
- REACH LOWER. McCarthy, Ed // Financial Planning;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p78
Provides information on the investment market that can be generated from low-net-worth (LNW) clients. Investable asset range of LNW clients; Investable asset range of high-net-worth clients; Amount of assets from LNW clients in 2001.
- Focus On Total Portfolio Versus Individual Position Performance. // Canadian MoneySaver;Jan2016, p11
The article discusses issues in monitoring the performance of an investment portfolio as of January 2016, particularly the tendency of investors to focus on the individual position returns of their investments rather than their total returns.
- Institutions make indirect gains from problem assets. // EuroProperty;2006, p14
The article reports that Dutch and German pension funds are swapping problem assets for indirect investments. Rapidly rising property prices in the Netherlands and Germany are prompting an increasing number of pension funds to sell old and difficult assets that had been sitting on their balance...
- Go global and create your own. Whitten, David // Money Management;6/4/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p18
The article reports on the opportunity offered by the inclusion of long short funds on investment platforms to potential investors in Australia. It states that long short funds appeal to investors because it offers high absolute returns. According to the author, some advisers who are attracted...
- Don't dismiss structured products. // Money Marketing;11/18/2010, p21
The article reports on the role played by structured products in investors in Great Britain in 2010. It states that structured products can not just shelter investors from equity market falls but also generate important income from negative asset growth. It says that structured products can also...
- IMA: AIFMD rules could make multi-manager strategies impossible. Salih, Chris // Fundweb;12/20/2012, p4
The article reports that the New European regulations can have multi-manager type strategies in Great Britain. It offers information on the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive with detailed provisions of regulations that asset manager had to follow. According to Investment Management...
- BACK AWAY FROM THE BOOM. Featherstone, Tony // BRW;4/14/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p32
The article advises Australian investors to look overseas for a better risk-reward equation to take advantage of the Australian dollar's buying power and the undervalued offshore assets. According to fund manager Paul Moore, investors can make big money by buying assets that have a favorable...
- Wealthy Investors Bullish on Advisors, But Not Markets. Marsh, Ann // Financial Planning;June2012, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p25
The article reports on the studies by Charles Schwab Advisor Services which show that investors with assets amounting to least one million dollars are confident in their financial advisor's ability to assist them meet their goals.