Hank, Meet Herb
- Tax and Law. // Accountancy;Feb1978, Vol. 89 Issue 1014, p17
The article reports on developments relevant to taxation and tax laws in Great Britain as of February 1, 1978. Key issues discussed include the imposition of value-added tax on petrol supplied by companies to their employees and proposals for the creation of a wealth tax with a sliding scale...
- Tax advantages to transferring wealth to children. Harris, Charles // Fort Worth Business Press;01/11/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p21
Comments on key trends and developments relevant to tax policies in the U.S. designed to transfer wealth and income producing assets to children and family members. Imposition of tax on the making of a gift; GST tax policies; Provisions of Section 529 Plans for payment of expenses for higher...
- A Hare-brained Proposal. // Economic & Political Weekly;1/25/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p7
The author discusses the proposal of the political party Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for replacement of income tax for bank transactions in India. The author says that BJP president Nitin Gadkari and prime minister candidate Narendra Modi has supported the proposal. Moreover, he mentions that...
- European court rules against Czech tax provisions. // Regional Today;6/23/2014, p4
The article reports that the taxation of companies employing workers hired through foreign job agencies by the Czech Republic has been ruled against by the European Court according to Czech Radio.
- Balance of motives. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;May91, Vol. 107 Issue 1173, p51
Examines the British Court of Appeals ruling which held that the Special Commissioners is responsible for determining a corporate taxpayers' motive in obtaining a tax advantage. Case overview; Determination of the purpose of certain transactions.
- Taxation. // Paraguay Country Review;2010, p63
The article offers information on the taxation policies of Paraguay, which include the 10% corporate tax, capital gains are taxed as income depending on the categories of the property, and the 10% value added tax (VAT).
- Fighting for IT. Saksida, Megan // Accountancy;Apr98, Vol. 121 Issue 1256, p58
Focuses on the 'Associates and Joint Ventures' law in Great Britain which deals with the accounting treatment for associates, joint ventures and joint arrangements. Provisions of the standard; Objectives; Definition of related terminologies.
- Dodgy groups. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;May92, Vol. 109 Issue 1185, p52
Cites a memorandum from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales' Tax Faculty to the Great Britain Inland Revenue which expresses concern about the draft legislation on the tax treatment of groups of companies. Proposed alteration to the legislation; Benefits of certain tax...
- Taxation. // Gambia Country Review;2010, p57
The article focuses on taxation application in Gambia including corporate tax, workers compensation, and sales tax.