- Why JIT can't bear fruit in American plants. Muchnik, Michael A.; Shipley, Margaret F. // Business Forum;Summer90, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
No abstract available.
- Cost accounting and performance measurement in a just-in-time production environment. Durden, Chris H.; Hassel, Lars G. // Asia Pacific Journal of Management;Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p111
Presents evidence suggesting that just-in-time (JIT) manufacturing companies that have modified their costing systems show higher performance than JIT companies which have not made changes. Cost accounting modification; Performance measures; Production management system; Accounting modification.
- Will America's corporate theme song be `Just in Time'? Imai, Masaaki // Journal for Quality & Participation;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p26
Looks at whether the United States will manufacture its goods to a Just-In-Time (JIT) or lean-production system. Detailed information on the system; Relation to customizing for customers; Reference to Total Quality Management (TQM) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), are supports of the JIT...
- FROM JAPAN, NOT BEFORE TIME. Ferguson, Peter // Accountancy;Nov88, Vol. 102 Issue 1143, p154
Discusses whether or not accountants and accounting are holding up the implementation of just-in-time (JIT) manufacturing. Benefits of JIT; Problems of introducing it from Japan to Great Britain; Need to adapt existing accounting systems to the JIT manufacturing structure.
- Think lean and respond to the challenges of the New Economy. Allen, John // Frontline Solutions;Jul2001, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p28
Focuses on the concept of lean manufacturing process. Overview of lean revolution; Differences between lean manufacturing, just-in-time management, pull manufacturing and preventive maintenance; Lean manufacturing techniques and practices originated from Toyota Production System; Benefits of...
- RESULTS OF KANBAN METHOD IMPLEMENTATION ON A FLEXIBLE MANUFACTURING SYSTEM. RALUCA, Nicolae(Mănescu); ANIŞOR, Nedelcu // Research & Science Today;Nov2014, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p145
MODERN MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS USING ADVANCED TOOLS AN TECHNIQUES SUCH AS STATISTICAL QUALITY CONTROL, TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT (TQM) SYSTEMS, MANUFACTURING PLANNING AND CONTROL (MPCS), LEAN SIX SIGMA STRATEGY, KANBAN METHOD. IN THIS ARTICLE WE WILL SHOW THE ADVANTAGES AND RESULTS OF IMPLEMENTING...
- JIT Inventory Systems Hold Appeal. McClenahen, John S.; Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;05/07/2001, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p11
Focuses on a survey among manufacturers in the United States concerning just-in-time (JIT) inventory systems. Use of JIT inventory systems among manufacturers; Percentage of manufacturers who have no plans to employ JIT; Impact of JIT on the reliance of manufacturers on substantial inventories...
- Just Too Critical. Burnson, Patrick // World Trade;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Discourages manufacturers from ending their reliance on just-in-time inventory and manufacturing systems. Problems of companies employing just-in-time delivery; Benefits of just-in-time strategies; Recommendations of Mercer Management Consulting for manufacturers and other supply chain companies.
- IS JIT REALLY APPROPRIATE FOR AMERICAN MANUFACTURING? Shahabuddin, Syed // Industrial Management;May/Jun92, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the viability of the just-in-time (JIT) production system for manufacturing firms in the U.S. Concept of the JIT system; Elements of the JIT system; Implications of the JIT system on companies.