Cars, the Internet & Vehicles That Morph
- New Modal Logistics. Parker, John // Traffic World;6/12/2000, Vol. 262 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the need for the automobile industry and parts suppliers to be retooled for the Internet age. Competitive challenges posed by the Internet; Increase in the number of customers who are turning to the Internet as a sales channel.
- Dealers fret about Internet. Child, Charles // Automotive News;2/10/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5699, p24
Reports that Buick dealers want to keep the wholesale prices of cars off the Internet. Example of some of the disadvantages of Internet marketing; Comments from Conrad Darby of Darby Buick of Sarasota, Florida.
- Web site offers new spin for both dealers, consumers. Harris, Donna Lawrence // Automotive News;7/14/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5722, p18
Describes US Wheels, a Web site established June 18, 1997, as a multiple-dealer site. features including payment calculation; Consumer browsing of dealer on-line inventory; Compatibility with dealer computer systems; Plans for expansion of system.
- Not so super highway. Geist, Laura Clark // Automotive News;7/20/1998, Vol. 72 Issue 5776, p4I
Focuses on the use of the Internet in the automobile industry, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of the Internet. What prompted automobile dealers to use the Internet; Benefits of using the Internet to automobile dealers; Comments from Ira Mally, parts director of Habberstad Nissan...
- ASSEMBLING AN E-MARKET. Fisher, Dennis // eWeek;09/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p39
Focuses on major automakers' collaboration on an Internet trading exchange. Public announcements by some of the automakers; Emphasis on areas most important to their competitive advantage; Features of the Covisint Internet trading exchange.
- Web auto marketing keeps rising. // Automotive News;4/22/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5980, p3
Reports on the increase of Internet marketing expenditure by automobile companies in the U.S. Amount spent by major automobile makers in Internet marketing; Content of the book '2002 Automotive News Market Data Book'; Percentage of the rise of Internet spending by Hyundai Motor Co. and...
- Chevrolet leads in Web visits. Geist, Laura Clark // Automotive News;4/22/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5980, p20
Reports on the number of users visiting Web sites of automobile manufacturers. Figures of the number of browsers at the Chevrolet site; Basis of the NetRatings Inc.; Function of Autometrics Ltd.
- Automakers boost Web spending 6 pct. Geist, Laura Clark // Automotive News;4/22/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5980, pM2
Reports on the increase of Internet marketing expenditure of automobile manufacturers in the U.S. Figures of the amount of the spending of DaimlerChrysler AG; Role of the electronic commerce in car buying; Differences between the Internet and traditional media.
- Reports of the dealer's demise appear to have been premature. Harris, Donna // Automotive News;8/28/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5890, p48
Focuses on developments related to Internet automobile marketers as of August 28, 2000. Online car marketers' efforts to take the place of car dealers; Collapse of several online car marketing firms.