On The Management Side
- An Ounce of Prevention Can Save Thousands in Cure. // Business NH Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p12
Discusses ways of keeping employee grievance out of court. Preventive strategies; Managing wage and hour disputes; Workplace anti-discrimination laws; Workplace safety and privacy provisions. INSETS: Emloyer Liability Rules of Thumb;Employees 101.
- Displaying data: Why good presentation is vital. // Children & Young People Now;1/25/2011, p31
The article discusses the importance of good data presentation in making key policy and funding decisions.
- Comparing the SPLA's Role in Sudan's 1997 and 2005 Comprehensive Peace Agreements: To Spoil or Not to Spoil. Haywood, Keisha S. // African Studies Review;Dec2014, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p143
In 2012, of the ten ongoing intrastate conflicts in Africa, half had seen at least one relapse into violence after an agreement had been signed between warring parties. This statistic tells the story of stalled and failed peace processes on the continent, but it does not point to potential...
- HUMAN RESOURCES. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/28/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 36, p5
The article reports that managers spend over seven hours weekly intervening in employee disputes, which is based on a survey conducted by the specialized staffing service Accountemps in the U.S. in March 2011.
- Route to turn to when talks lead nowhere. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/17/2003, Issue 2590, p24
Delves into the procedure for company complaints in the workplace. Identification of the most common reason for employees to raise complaints; Situations where employees can complain to their bosses; Discussion of the stages of the grievance procedure. INSET: HAVE YOU A QUERY FOR THE TSSA?.
- Candidate Could Claim 'Misrepresentation.' Warner, Susan // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p45
Presents a solution to an ethical issue faced by a human resources executive. Need to consider legal assistance; Requirement for a cause of action for a lawsuit based on deliberate misrepresentation; Importance of consultation with the head of the department concerned.
- Deja Vu All Over Again. // OfficePro;Aug/Sep2001, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p7
Presents information on handling employee complaints. How to help employees solve their own problems.
- AGO TO DISCONTINUE GRIEVANCE PROCEDURES. Hallstrom, Marlene // American Organist Magazine;Sep2012, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the decision of the American Guild of Organists' (AGO) National Council to discontinue the use of the Grievances Procedures and replace them with positive options for its members including conflict management, relationship building and mentoring.
- Union and Management Policy Influences on Grievance Initiation. LABIG JR., CHALMER E.; HELBURN, I. B. // Journal of Labor Research;Summer86, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p269
This research evaluates potential determinants of grievance activity by testing a model based on the work of Slichter, Healy, and Livernash. Results indicate that formal grievance rates are associated with management's performance and disciplinary standards for its employees, union rivalry, and...