- Doing digital. Famodu, LaRonda R.C. // Association Management;Dec98, Vol. 50 Issue 13, p52
Presents the remarks by `Briefing Memo' publisher Wally Bock and Executive Insights' president Richard Schroth on how organizations can handle digital developments. Need to start using digital media such as electronic mail and Web sites; Possibilities of having alliances with other...
- Fresh Starts for Your Leadership Letters. // Association Management;Jan2002, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p110
Offers creative ideas on writing letters for association members. Association events that can be highlighted; Range of questions that can be asked to members; Potential idea-generating sources for communicating with members. INSET: Writing Tips.
- How To Strengthen Any Organization. // Industrial Management;Jan67, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p12
Offers tips on strengthening any organization. Attendance of meetings; Objectives of an organization; Duties of membership; Importance of developing the ability to communicate.
- UKASS Annual Conference -- call for papers. // Management Services;Mar1998, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p41
The article reports on the annual conference of UK Association of Suggestion Schemes that was held in November 1997 at Stakis Hotel in Brighton, England. The conference provided an opportunity for suggestions scheme managers and those interested in employee involvement and internal communication...
- BROADBAND LEADERS CREATE "BROADBAND SERVICES FORUM" // Tele-Service News;Jan2005, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the merger of Broadband Content Delivery Forum and the Service Creation Community for the formation of the Broadband Services Forum (BSF) in January 2005. Purpose of BSF; Issues in the broadband industry to be dealt with by BSF; Strategic objective of the Service Creation Community.
- Asia telecoms rules OK. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Oct2004, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the distinction of Asia Pacific as the hottest region for telecommunications based on the indicators released by the International Telecommunication Union. Displacement of North America as the world's biggest mobile market; High concentration of Internet usage in select markets; Surge...
- Survey shows rural carriers prefer GSM upgrades. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;1/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p4
Presents the results of a survey released by the National Telecommunications Cooperative Association on the choice of rural carriers that plan upgrades in 2004. Difficulties faced by rural carriers in upgrading wireless facilities; Percentage of respondents who use unlicensed spectrum to...
- SWAT Anticipates Future Techs Via E911. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;2/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the advantage of the implementation of Phase II E911 to emergency service providers in the U.S. Information on the 911 systems; Warning issued by the National Emergency Numbering Association about the systems; Reason for the slow installation rate of the system.
- Grassroots fight. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p10
Focuses on the launch of mywireless.org, a group which opposes excessive state and local taxes on the wireless industry in the U.S., by the Cellular Telecommunication Industry Association. Reason for launching the group; Efforts of the group to oppose the charges and fees.