WAITING ON WIDEBAND GEAR
- Cable Can Regain the Youth Vote. Selkoe, Greg // Multichannel News;7/26/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p35
In this article the author discusses aspects of the technological evolution in the cable television industry in the U.S. He asserts that as member of the Internet generation, he is still passionate about television and its ability to connect with young people. He ponders on the comparison...
- THE BAUMINATOR JEFF BAUMGARTNER. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p30
The article offers information about cBR-8, the new cable-access platform of Cisco Systems which will replace the company's cable-modem termination system.
- Tales of Modem Exploration. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;9/29/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p51
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses articles within the issue on topics including merger between cable companies, future of cable modem services, and trends related to U.S. cable television industry.
- Analysts: Attention to Innovation, Budgets Gives Cable an Edge. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p24
The article offers the insights of several cable industry analysts regarding the importance of innovative products in maintaining the competitive advantage of the industry including Tom Eagan, Benjamin Swinburne and Jason Bazinet.
- 2013: The Year Ahead in VOD. Shaver, Jon // Multichannel News;1/21/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p23
The author discusses the importance of innovations in management, distribution and capitalization of video-on-demand for the success of cable television industry.
- The Innovation Chasm and the Big Six. Hassan, Daniel // Multichannel News;6/6/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p31
The article offers the author's insights regarding the innovation gap of the top six cable operators in the U.S. including Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable Inc. and Cablevision Systems Corp.
- A compelling multi-screen user experience. Edwardson, Kirk // CED;
In this article, the author focuses on the new technologies essential toan open middleware system and a successful multi-screen service. He suggests that multiple system operators must implement an open multi-screen service delivery platform in order to counter the challenges caused by...
- My Cable Show Wish List. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;5/10/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 19, p6
The article presents the author's insights regarding the three things that the cable television networks must consider. He notes that it is important that television companies must respond to the demand and request of the viewers and must innovate. He indicates that it is also essential that...
- Preparing Now for the Digital TV Transition. McSlarrow, Kyle // Television Week;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p22
The author reflects on the transition of the cable industry to digital television (TV) in the U.S. on February 17, 2009. He talked about the Cable Show 2007 in Las Vegas, Nevada which focused on the digital TV transition with an investment of more than $110 billion for a state-of-the-art...