Insight Splits Up
- For Insight, VolP's the Next Wave. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p33
Reports on the plan of Insight Communications Co. to introduce a voice-over-Internet protocol telephony service in 2004. Circuit-switched service of Insight in four markets; Estimated circuit-switched customers of Insight; Negotiation between Insight and Comcast concerning their telephony deal.
- Insight Girds for @Home Transition. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;1/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p12
Reports the service transition plans of Insight Communications Co. in the United States. Conversion of high-speed cable-modem customers to InsightBB service; Features of the InsightBB service; Statement regarding the transition by chief executive Michael Willner.
- Comcast to take over local insight cable operations. Heikens, Norm // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p43
The article reports on the agreement between cable companies Comcast corp. and Insight Communications Co. Inc. that Comcast will take over all of the territory in Indiana now managed by Insight. The transition includes Insight customers from Anderson, Bloomington and Lafayette. Comcast is...
- Splitsville for Comcast-Insight. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/3/2007, Vol. 398 Issue 50, p12
The article reports that cable operators Comcast Corp. and Insight Communications Co. have agreed to divide cable systems they have owned in a joint venture. In the transaction, Comcast will get control over cable systems serving Illinois customers and Insight will get its hands on cable systems...
- SUFFERING SECTOR. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the performance of multiple systems operators (MSO) in the U.S. as of August 2004. Number of basic subscribers lost by Comcast Corp.; Customers lost by Insight Communications Co.; Stock prices of the top MSO in the country.
- Insight Severs Comcast Pact. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the decision of Insight Communications Co. to terminate a management agreement with Comcast Corp. Overview of the contract; Revenue growth of Insight for the quarter of 2004; Number of additional subscribers of Insight.
- Cablers Gear for Tiers. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p21
Cable operators continue battling their digital subscriber line foes, they are delving increasingly into tiered data services to hit a wider target audience. The latest to take a step into tiering is Insight Communications Co., which soft-launched a higher-speed InsightBB.com Plus, May 12 in all...
- Insight adds high-def heft to is lineup. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/21/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 35, p5
Reports on the deal that will add a wide array of high-definition programming to the menu of the subscribers by Insight Communications Inc. cable operator in the U.S. Purpose of the plan; Specifications of the plans; Implications of the plan on the subscribers.
- Insight Facing Decisions. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p7
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. and Insight Communications Co. to the 1.3 million customers of their Insight Midwest partnership after the breakup. On April 2, 2007, Insight Communications and Comcast has announced the breakup of their partnership. The two companies decided to...