MTV Gets New Shot of 'Tequila'
- MTV ROCKS THE REAL WORLD. Grego, Melissa // Variety;3/10/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 4, p23
Reports on several reality programs that will be released by MTV in 2003. Target demography of the television programs; Themes of the reality programs that will be launched by MTV; Other broadcasting projects of MTV for 2003.
- On the Air. Rice, Lynette; Keck, William // Entertainment Weekly;4/4/2003, Issue 703, p90
Provides updates in television industry as of April 2003, including the reality show of singers and couple, Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson.
- Nets Could Use a Reality Check. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/24/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p56
Editorial. Focuses on the increased trend of television broadcasting networks in the U.S. to re-telecast reality shows that were successful in their first telecast. Reference to the market situation of the magazine 'Dateline'; Predictions about the condition of television broadcasting industry.
- Reality changes the rules. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p35
Reports on trends in television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Popularity of reality television shows; Audience reception to scripted shows; Impact of the success of reality television shows on the industry. INSETS: UPDATE;KEEPING IT REAL.
- MTV's 'Tequila' double shot. Nordyke, Kimberly // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/7/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 50, p54
The article presents information on MTV Networks' dating competition series "A Shot at Love With Tila Tequila," that will feature bisexuals. The series is produced by 495 Prods and MTV has given the green signal for 10 episodes of the reality series. Tony DiSanto, executive vice president series...
- Reality Check: Upfront Upside. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the U.S. television advertising market. Forecast on the growth of overall revenue; Factors that influenced the upfront; Effects of reality television shows on the market.
- Reality makes cablers rerun-away. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the competition between cable networks and the television industry in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Strategies of cable channels to attract viewers; Success of reality television programs and their impact on cable programming; Outlook of cable executives on the life span of reality...
- MTV taking a 'Shot' at serial dating skein. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;9/7/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 48, p29
The article reports that MTV Networks has approved "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila," a reality-dating television show featuring Tila Tequila, whose profile on MySpace is advertised as having the most friends. The show is similar to "The Bachelor" where 30 contestants move into a house and go...
- Reality has bitten--what's next? // Televisual;Nov2004, p11
Comments on the growth of factual reality series in Great Britain. Identification of possible content and genres in major pitches; Interaction of the public with reality TV shows; Benefit of controlled reality for producers.