QUEST10NS (AND ANSWERS) FOR 2008
- The Big Picture. Williamson, John // Global Telephony;Mar2001, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p48
Reports the digital interactive services in broadcast industry through competitive local exchange carriers and Internet service providers in Europe. Presence of declining average revenues per sec in Telcos; Competition between media and broadcasting community; Observation on the digital...
- Hooking up to the hosting game. Berendt, Annelise // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p38
Features the Internet application service provider (ASP) sector. Origin of the ASP market; Range of services offered by ASP companies; Telecommunications companies combining to form ASP; Conditions and drivers for the ASP model; Market barriers; Future trends.
- Surfing the Web by voice. Ehrlich, Steve // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p51
Examines the concept of voice Web and its impact on Internet service providers. Industry trends supporting the development of voice Web; Key issues that need to be addressed by service providers in a competitive marketplace; Security concerns over the voice Web; Integration of standard network...
- Engineering a better Internet. Semeria, Chuck; Donnell, Annette // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p77
Describes the use of traffic engineering by Internet service providers looking for ways to map traffic flows onto their infrastructure. Establishment of a traffic engineering architecture; Traffic-engineering capabilities; Multiprotocol label switching forwarding; Label switched path...
- Cable's leading ISPs. // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p24
Ranks the top United States cable telecommunication companies according to number of subscribers for high-speed Internet service as of September 30, 2000.
- ISPs prosper in `co-opetition' with telecom companies. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;08/10/98, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p21
Focuses on the growing business of Internet service providers (ISP) in Nevada brought by their cooperation with telecommunication companies. Mutual benefits of exchanging technologies between the businesses; Comments from ISP company executives.
- Learn your lesson well. Bucholtz, Chris // Telephony;12/01/97, Vol. 233 Issue 22, p5
Focuses on the emergence of internet service providers (ISP) and web-hosting services that specifically target corporate customers in the telecommunications industry. Development of network solution for customers with special needs; Efforts made by the ISPs to capitalize on the market demand...
- LMDS turns attention to T-1. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;01/26/98, Vol. 234 Issue 4, p86
Focuses on a model that puts greater emphasis on using local multipoint distribution services (LMDS) to connect Internet service providers to Tier 1 carriers and the Internet. JATO Communications Group' testing of the model to provide high-speed data, voice and Internet access to multiple user...
- Moving from myth to reality. Puetz, John // Satellite Communications;Jan2000, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p29
Deals with the methods that customers can adapt to ensure that their communications services and Internet service providers will meet their requirements in terms of service availability and data throughput. Service level agreements between service provider and key clients; Key role of...