Disney Is No. 1
- Cable Keeps Its Groove Going in '09. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/4/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the boost of the cable television industry in the U.S. in 2009. It states that the broadcast networks' ratings for the year had enormously increased, particularly the USA Network, which reached 60.7 primetime household share for the first time. It notes that the household...
- CABLE IS RAISING THE ROOF. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p14
The article reports that cable networks in the U.S. achieved record ratings in 2007, with USA Network registering the largest number of primetime viewers in cable history. Disney Channel posted the best audience delivery for a movie in cable history with its "High School Musical 2," TNT posted...
- 2009 HOT LIST. Burgi, Michael // Brandweek;3/30/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 13, special section p13
The article discusses successful cable networks as of March, 2009. USA Network, Disney Channel and Fox New Channel are cited as three of the most influential. USA Network is described in terms of its hit shows. Disney's impact on children and young teenagers is said to be enormous. Fox News is...
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p83
Photographs of highlights from several events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. are presented including the Broadband Cable Association of Pennsylvania's Cable Academy event, Telemundo's New York upfront, the e Weather Channel's 30th anniversary party.
- TRANSLATION PLEASE: Your 2012 Cable Show Jargon Descrambler. ELLIS, LESLIE // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p88
The article offers information on the 2012 Cable Show in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Bouncing Into Boston. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p91
The author discusses the 2012 Cable Show, offering updates to companies in the cable television industry in the U.S.
- Content Economics Could Play In Cable's Favor. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/28/2012, Issue 22, p22
The article reports on the impact of the U.S. economic problems on the ratings of cable television (TV) programmers to over-the-top TV services.
- stat snapshot. // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p39
The article presents a bar graph depicting growth in video-on-demand viewing for cable networks in America from October 2012 to September 2013, along with a table depicting America's top 20 original cable movies for the same period.
- Cable's Online Opportunity. Dykes, Bob // Broadcasting & Cable;5/12/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 19, p28
The author reflects on the strategies that the cable television industry must undertake to continue to prosper amid the rapidly changing realities of today's global business environment. He emphasizes that cable network operations must engage in many advanced service offerings such as Internet...