Hallmark 'Puts' Stock Question to Rest
- Air Time for High-School Athletics. T. M. // Education Week;2/15/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p2
The article reports on the negotiations between the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFSHSA) with several cable-television companies for the airing of high-school basketball games in the U.S. Assistant executive director of NFSHSA, Warren Brown, said that the group is...
- Cable also scoring big in upfront. Walley, Wayne // Advertising Age;6/26/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 26, p12
The article reports on the total sales of basic cable networks in reference to Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau data. Sales in commercial time for the 1995 to 1996 television season was computed. According to data, buyers are using cable as a direct participant and option as they consider...
- Frog net leaps from its repurposing perch. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;5/15/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 54, p5
Presents the business strategy of WB television network in the U.S. Application of the multiplay approach; Broadcasting of repeat episodes of 'Smallville'; Changes in the schedule of television programs.
- Back to Reality at TCA. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p16
The article reveals that the unscripted television (TV) series will continue to be a mainstay of the cable industry, according to the Television Critics Association. It is mentioned that roughly two-thirds of the programs presented to TV reporters were unscripted. The article notes several TV...
- Sponsorship to reveal its full brand potential. Benady, David // Marketing Week;12/2/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p17
The article informs that slapping a brand name next to a sporting property or hit television programme and hoping the association will stick in people's minds is no longer enough for the sponsorship industry. ITV Sales' decision last week to ditch its free sponsorship tracking service (MW last...
- Monsieur Mickey faces tough Euro quota regs. Paoli, Pascale // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p65
Reports on the March 22, 1997 launch of the Disney Channel in France. Initial broadcast of the channel on Canal Satellite; Problems faced by Disney concerning this pending launch.
- IT'S LONELY AT THE TOP. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the success of Home Box Office (HBO) television network. Number of 2001 Emmy Awards nominations earned by HBO; Challenge facing HBO; Concern of HBO executives about AOL.
- ASIA'S MTV KUDOS. Osborne, Magz // Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the plans of MTV Asia for its first pan-Asian kudocast in Singapore. What the kudos will include; One of the anchors of the program; Successful music awards in Asia.
- Hispanic Nets Heating. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;05/22/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p9
Focuses on the competition between Univision and Telemundo, the cable television networks for Hispanic viewers. Increase in the prime-time Hispanic television audience of Telemundo; Changes in the television programming schedule of Univision.