The Triumph of Truth: Individualism In the 21st Century
- Shift into High Gear. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business News New Jersey;11/02/98, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p19
Explores shifts in business and sales needed in the 21st century. Preparation for the millennium; Changes in methods of operation or philosophy; Kinds of shifts.
- The Tyranny of Individuals. Todorov, Tzvetan // Salmagundi;Spring/Summer2012, Issue 174/175, p8
The article discusses the tyranny of people, which is considered less bloody compared to that of states. It says that in the 21st century, individual liberty tends to outdo other values and common good defenders seem old-fashioned. It mentions that democratic principle requires that all powers...
- Born to Be Millennial? Farr, Glenn // Campus Activities Programming;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p4
Reflects on the individualism of the baby boomer generation in the U.S. Views of the baby boomer on authority and free speech; Technologies used by students in the twenty-first century.
- BIG IDEAS. Gunnell, Barbara // New Statesman;7/26/2004, Vol. 133 Issue 4698, p18
Introduces six articles about ideas that will impact the 21st century. The common theme of individuals and their relationship with others; Idea that the collective should be reassessed.
- Modernantiquity? Leydier, Richard // Art-Press;avr2010, Issue 366, p5
The author reflects on the notion of modernism and modernity. The author mentions the essay "Modernity Revisited," by Thibaut de Ruyter which introduces the architectural and Neoplasticist heritage of modernity. He states that in theoretical modernism, architectural works were recognized based...
- Post Y2K, it's business as usual. Allen, Paul // Business Journal (Central New York);01/07/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the continued operations of various businesses in Central New York State after January 1, 2000. Negative predictions about life and business on January 1, 2000 that were proven false; Lack of increase in returned merchandise at Home Depot; Normal rate for donations to the Food Bank...
- The 2000 time bomb. Jones, Mel // Electric Perspectives;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the 21st century date change and its repercussions for companies which rely on large databases. Possible failure of date comparison or arithmetic calculations on company computers; Impact on the electric industry's legacy computer systems; Expanding the memory field from two to four...
- The Art of Running a Business School in the New Millennium: A Dean's Perspective. Stevens, George E. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer2000, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p21
Examines a dean's perspective on leading a business school in the 21st century. Nature of a dean's job; Importance of academic leadership; Nature and rate of change and the nature of the environment surrounding higher education.
- Seeking (Marketing) Virtue in Globalisation. McAuley, Andrew // Marketing Review;Fall2004, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p253
The processes of globalisation have been active for longer than popular consciousness appears to acknowledge. Definitions of globalisation range from the narrow economic to the broad social. From the marketing perspective the social approach is preferred, as it reflects the impact of...