Portfolio Size and the Bond Funds vs. Bonds Decision
- Bonds can add stability to portfolio in uncertain times. Goldfarb, Alan // Fort Worth Business Press;9/12/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p34
Provides tips on planning a diversified portfolio. Significance of interest rates in the value of bonds; Tips on managing core bond funds; Recommended solution to dealing with estate liquidation before the maturity of a bond.
- Foreign-Bond Funds Help Diversify Your Income Stream. Jones, Lawrence // Morningstar FundInvestor;Jun2008, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p20
The article discusses the advantages of investing in a world-bond fund to help investors who are seeking income. It states that this fund will add diversification on income stream because its performance will often not correlate with domestic fixed-income return movements and will add exposure...
- Liquidity lost. DiBiasio, Jame; Cox, Hugo; Powell, Leigh // Asian Investor;Oct2014, p1
Investors must learn to cope with the disappearance of market-makers in fixed income.
- Scale back your risk with bond funds. // Dow Theory Forecasts;2/11/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p4
The article provides information on how investors find safer investments, as cash and bonds generally deliver lower returns than stocks, to fight market volatility in the U.S. It suggests that a portfolio, which built around high-quality short-and intermediate-term bond funds, should provide the...
- Build With BONDS. Light, Joe // Money;Apr2009, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p88
The article discusses the manner in which consumers can assemble their own fixed-income portfolio comprised of bonds. Some consumers are disappointed with the returns of their bond funds, the article indicates. Topics include the fluctuating values of bond funds during economic crises and bonds...
- Pru sets up independent committee for WP fund. Phillipps, James // Money Marketing;1/13/2005, p3
Reports on the step taken by Prudential to set up an independent committee to oversee the running of its with-profits (WP) fund in Great Britain. Means of restoring the confidence in WP; Details on the decline in the industry WP bond sales in 2004; Accounts on the principles and practices of...
- Bond Funds or Individual Bonds? // Financial Planning;Jan2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p22
Highlights the advantages of using bond funds over individual bonds. Reason for buying bonds; Information on how to manage portfolios; Myth about individual bonds; Appeal of owning a bond to maturity; Benefits of owning a good bond fund.
- Watching Your Investments. Crowther, Samuel // Saturday Evening Post;5/23/1931, Vol. 203 Issue 47, p25
The article stresses the need for investors to monitor their investments. Selecting seasoned and dividend-paying common stocks and disregard them is the surest way to losses. The need for investors to watch the progress of their investments is a must to prevent them from becoming useless. It...
- Investment Risk from the Client's Perspective. Kirby, Fred // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p42
â€¢ Losses are of greater concern to investors than the promise of long-term returns or even goal attainment; however, they often occupy a low position on the hierarchy of topics discussed between planner and client. â€¢ Measuring portfolio loss in terms of percentage of equity decline...