An Update on Charitable Split Dollar
- CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION DEDUCTION REGULATIONS. // Practical Accountant;Oct2008, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p11
The article reports on the issuance of the proposed regulations (REG-140029-07) which pertains to the substantiation and reporting requirements of noncash and cash contributions to charitable institutions. Accordingly, the regulations the legislation of the provisions of the Pension Protection...
- IRS hearing addresses substantiation requirements. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan95, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p6
Reports on deliberations by the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regarding substantiation requirements for charitable work expenditures. Valuing of open-ended benefits; Revision of Internal Revenue Code rulings.
- Charities: Get your IRS guidebook. // Association Management;Feb95, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the availability of Internal Revenue Service Publication 1771, `Charitable Contributions--Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements.' Contact information.
- Tax reminder. Murdoch, Guy // Consumers' Research Magazine;Nov94, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p2
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) no longer accept canceled checks as proof of a contribution greater that $250.
- Tax-exempt orgs providing low-income housing. // Practical Accountant;Jun95, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) issuance of a proposed revenue procedure on standards used to determine if charities providing housing are eligible for tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3).
- Charitable contributions substantiation requirements. // CPA Journal;Mar1994, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the provisions of the Internal Revenue Service's publication 1771, `Charitable Contributions-Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements.' Deductions for charitable contributions of $250 or more; Quid pro quo contributions.
- IRS offers tax tips for season of giving. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/21/2012, Issue 324587, p30
The article offers tips from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) covering from charity donations and refund planning.
- Substantiation of charitable contributions. // Practical Accountant;Dec95, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) issuance of final regulations on the substantiation requirements for charitable contributions of $250 or more.
- Court Deals Blow To Charitable Split-Dollar. Postal, Arthur D. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/19/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 27, p6
Reports that a federal appeals court decision supporting federal law outlawing private deductions on charitable split-dollar arrangements does not impose any liability on the insurance companies that wrote the policies. Potentially lucrative tax shelter that high-end brokers had used to sell...